Sale of Semroc

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheryl@semroc

Reaction score
I am happy to announce that Semroc now has a new owner. I am sure most of you know Randy Boadway of erockets. We have known him since the beginning of Semroc. He wants to keep the quality of service and parts Semroc is known for so Bruce and I will be helping him get it up and running again. Please give Randy the kindness, patience, and understanding you have given us through the years. We will truly miss each and every one of you.

Sheryl

That's great news, Sheryl!

Though of course we're sad that you and Bruce won't be involved in the long run, I'm sure Randy will maintain the high standard that Carl, you, and Bruce set for Semroc.

Holy smokes!

Sheryl, thanks to you and your family for your years of hard work and dedication to the rocketry community!

Randy, congrats, and thanks for keeping Semroc going. I do hereby pledge to continue to be a customer of both eRockets and Semroc!

I am happy to announce that Semroc now has a new owner. I am sure most of you know Randy Boadway of erockets. We have known him since the beginning of Semroc. He wants to keep the quality of service and parts Semroc is known for so Bruce and I will be helping him get it up and running again. Please give Randy the kindness, patience, and understanding you have given us through the years. We will truly miss each and every one of you.

Sheryl

Well just because you aren't making rockets sure doesn't mean you aren't welcome to stick around. We are an entertaining bunch to laugh at after all. ;)

So glad to hear that you were able to work out the sale of the company. Up to now, I've been thinking that one of my biggest rocketry regrets is not buying more Semroc kits. Thanks for all the years and hard work for making Semroc what it is.

-Dave

Awesome News!

Congrats on the sale Sheryl!

Congrats on your new purchase Randy!

Parts... I Need Parts! ;)

All The Best!
Jim

Just a short additional note. The site is no longer available. Randy is hoping it will be up and running within 10 days.

Sheryl

That is great news!! Best of luck to you Sheryl and Bruce!! Congrats to Randy on acquiring a great brand!!

I was a fan of Semroc and bought many kits from them and Have just discovered erockets and have made 2 purchases from them. This is very good news. Im hoping the same kits will be available again.

This is wonderful news...

Well, MORE wonderful news would be that Semroc would be remaining in business as it has been, with the McLawhorns running it. But, this is the best that we can hope for aside from that...

Glad to hear that Semroc will continue to be a resource for rocket hobbyists for the future. Looking forward to it and wishing Bruce, Sheryl, and family the very best luck in the future!

Thanks for all you've done for all of us!
Jeff

Congratulations on the Semroc sale and best wishes to Randy!
All the best to the McLawhorn family.

Thanks for info Sheryl. I will be glad to be able to purchase kits and parts again. And will be looking forward to new kits.
Hopefully some of the posts here on what people would like to see from Estes will stimulate some new kits in the Retro-Repo line.
I am proud to fly the Semroc name. I'm glad it is continuing on.
Does anyone know if the SAM club will still be available?

Thanks for everything Sheryl, and congrats Randy! I think the Semroc name is in good hands.

Does this mean that I'm going to be able to get that Mars Lander that I held off buying for too long...?

Gee, it's sad to see change like this, but I'm happy to see the fine tradition of top-quality kits will go on. I just came back to rocketry recently, and was ecstatic to get my hands on the few Semroc kits I could find in stock.

Best wishes to everybody!

Congrats!
glad to hear it!!

Up to now, I've been thinking that one of my biggest rocketry regrets is not buying more Semroc kits.
-Dave

+100 I have one kit- an orbital transport- and after I heard they were having troubles, I immediately regretted not buying more from them.

Nate

Congratulations to all involved. On a selfish note, I'm glad that Semroc is going to be in the hands of an existing and very capable vendor who I've had good experiences with.

One question, does the cheetah that used to be strapped to Sheryl's back go with the sale? Was always fun to see if something would ship before I actually placed the order.

Congrats Sheryl!!!
I only got back into the Rocket Game a year and a half ago, but had the Honor of doing business with you on a couple of occasions.
Your Company, Products, and the Service you provided are legendary, and will go down in the annals of Model Rocketry for all time.
I hope the new Owner realizes that he has big Shoes to step into, and does an equally good job with the Customer Service and selection of Products.
I also echo the Sentiment that I hope you continue to join us here at the Rocketry Forum from time to time to say Hi, or let us know that things are going good for you and yours.

Hey, that works out! Just saw about this on the Model Rocketry Fanatics!!! Facebook group.

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
Let us sing a song of cheer again

So Randy’s last name is Boadway?
What with him currently owning eRockets and now purchasing Semroc he is rapidly creating his very own “Boadway Empire”.

I’m alone with this one?

The skies above are clear again
Let us sing a song of cheer again

So Randy’s last name is Boadway?
What with him currently owning eRockets and now purchasing Semroc he is rapidly creating his very own “Boadway Empire”.

I’m alone with this one?

He Also Does the NAR Charters for the clubs !

Woohoo!

I remember that Mr. Boadway ran NARAM 49 in Michigan, so someone who loves the hobby is getting a company with a great legacy. As an aside, I did stop by the SEMROC display and spoke at length with Bruce. Sheryl, we thank you for how you and Carl showed how a business should be run.

Greg

While it saddens me that the company had to change hands I do look forward to being able to get the kits I wanted when Semroc closed.

Sheryl,

Thanks so much to you and Bruce for your hard work in keeping things going and keeping up the standards Carl worked so hard to set. I was amazed when I sent an order within a day or two of Bruce's health problems last year and my order arrived in the mail almost instantly. Under the circumstances I would have been totally understanding with a delay but it still arrived in a day or two. That is called amazing commitment to service and I am sure Carl would be very proud of both of you.

Randy B. is well known to almost everybody in the hobby and it is great to see the mantle of SEMROC passing to somebody with a real love for it as a craft and art, more than just a method to move plastic toy junk and pick up some spare cash.

I am very excited to see what Randy will be able to do as far as product offerings, although I suspect we will have to be a bit patient for the time being. It will be fun to see what the next weeks or months will bring.

Back