Go Buckeyes!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Well, if they wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot (4 fumbles, 1 interception), Ohio State could be up some 40+ points. Still 15 point lead in 4th quarter, I'm feeling pretty good!

Last edited:
Good for Ohio State. I personally do not think they deserve to be there. TCU should have gotten the nod.

Good for Ohio State. I personally do not think they deserve to be there. TCU should have gotten the nod.

Living in the Dallas area for 12+ years, I am a big TCU fan, but, saying that, I believe Ohio State has proven that they were the right choice for this first year playoff in college football. And although a Auburn alumni and fan, I think it shows that the SEC is/has been overrated for years.

They have proven they were the best of the 4 selected. Unfortunately, we will never know what TCU could do.

Congrats to the buckeyes. Their fans are lucky, they are going to be good for the next few years. Ducks just didn't make it happen. Those early dropped balls had a huge swing and killed us. It'll be a while before were back... I was really hoping this would be the year.

Huh? OSU dominated the #1 team, the #2 team, and the #5 team en route to the championship. And, beat the crap out of Wiscy for their conference title (of which TCU has none.) Umm, yeah, the Buckeyes deserved (and earned), it.

Go Bucks! More to come in 2015..........

And for those of you who haven't been following Ohio State's season, OSU's quarterback is their third string sophomore (the first and second string quarterbacks both went out during the season with season ending injuries) who, before this game had played all of two games in college football. The change in quarterbacks was the only reason that some people were even considering NOT selecting Ohio State. Clearly, that young man has some skills. If Ohio State hadn't given up the ball four times (or was it five?) I don't think the game would even have been as close as it was.

Go Bucks! Woot!

I agree. If you look at the total body of work, TCU did deserve to be in the top 4, probably #3. I was shocked when they were bumped out after a huge victory in the final week. Everyone kept saying that Baylor deserved the spot over TCU but why couldn't anyone see that TCU's only loss was to a very good Baylor team and they BARELY lost, while Baylor's loss was to an average WV team? TCU had the best loss of any of the teams with one loss. Ohio State had a horrible loss. FSU had a very weak schedule and even though they had no losses they played all of their games very close. TCU would beat Ohio State head to head. How about a 6 team playoff next year!!! I know that isn't going to happen yet but that would solve the problem. I would not say Ohio State dominated Alabama, at all. They beat them. TCU Absolutely dominated Ole Miss (who was Alabama's only defeat) and I mean DOMINATED them. I would love to see TCU and Ohio State play next week. I have a feeling that is going to be a match up in next years CFP, maybe even the championship.

I agree. If you look at the total body of work, TCU did deserve to be in the top 4, probably #3. I was shocked when they were bumped out after a huge victory in the final week. Everyone kept saying that Baylor deserved the spot over TCU but why couldn't anyone see that TCU's only loss was to a very good Baylor team and they BARELY lost, while Baylor's loss was to an average WV team? TCU had the best loss of any of the teams with one loss. Ohio State had a horrible loss. FSU had a very weak schedule and even though they had no losses they played all of their games very close. TCU would beat Ohio State head to head. How about a 6 team playoff next year!!! I know that isn't going to happen yet but that would solve the problem. I would not say Ohio State dominated Alabama, at all. They beat them. TCU Absolutely dominated Ole Miss (who was Alabama's only defeat) and I mean DOMINATED them. I would love to see TCU and Ohio State play next week. I have a feeling that is going to be a match up in next years CFP, maybe even the championship.

Give it a rest. The TCU/Baylor/OSU debate was settled a month ago. Baylor beat TCU head-to-head and you still think TCU belongs based on "better losses?"- get real. Neither Baylor nor TCU won an outright conference championship, which OSU did in dramatic fashion. The selection committee got it right and OSU proved it. And yes, Ohio State thumped Alabama more than the score indicated.

Last edited:
Give it a rest. The TCU/Baylor/OSU debate was settled a month ago. Baylor beat TCU head-to-head and you still think TCU belongs based on "better losses?"- get real. Neither Baylor nor TCU won an outright conference championship, which OSU did in dramatic fashion. The selection committee got it right and OSU proved it. And yes, Ohio State thumped Alabama more than the score indicated.

Must have looked different to a Buckeye fan. I picked Ohio state to beat Alabama, and at no point was I comfortable that they were going to win that game, until the very end. I'd put a decent amount of money on TCU if this matchup could happen this next week... And yes, TCU did have the best loss, no debating that.

And it is not TCU or Baylor's fault that they didn't win a conference title, their conference isn't set up that way, for now.

I'm just hoping that if Mariota leaves, which he likely will, that Braxton transfers to Oregon so Oregon can have a say in the playoff next year. If not, TCU and Ohio State will pretty much be the two teams to beat.

And it is not TCU or Baylor's fault that they didn't win a conference title, their conference isn't set up that way, for now.

The Big 12 needs to get with the program. This is no different than the Big 10 when they lacked a championship in 2006 and 2007. OSU wrapped up their regular season on November 13, then idled for a month before the BCS Championship. Meanwhile, the SEC teams continued to be tested and strengthened well into December. UF and LSU then throttled the out-of-shape Buckeyes. The B1G took care of that problem by expanding and adding a championship game.

Georgia Tech is impressive. I really liked watching them this year. I feel like they are one component away from being right there in the national conversation.

Ohio State clearly proved they should have been there, there is no argument for the contrary after winning it all!! You would have a better argument that FLA ST shouldn't have been there, but being undefeated and the returning champ, you would have a hard time winning that argument too. This whole debate was fueled by the weekly rankings leading up to the final ranking. Unfortunately, no matter how many teams are in the playoffs, someone will have a gripe about being left out.

According to your logic, OSU beat Mich. ST, who beat Baylor, who beat TCU.

Ohio State clearly proved they should have been there, there is no argument for the contrary after winning it all!! You would have a better argument that FLA ST shouldn't have been there, but being undefeated and the returning champ, you would have a hard time winning that argument too. This whole debate was fueled by the weekly rankings leading up to the final ranking. Unfortunately, no matter how many teams are in the playoffs, someone will have a gripe about being left out.

According to your logic, OSU beat Mich. ST, who beat Baylor, who beat TCU.

No logic needed, Ohio State lost to VT...

Besides, that was a bowl game. That was AFTER the selection... I dont care who you are or who your team was. If you saw the team records and the records of who they lost to, without a team name next to it, NOBODY is putting Ohio State in over TCU OR Baylor, NOBODY. Florida state gets in Alabama gets in and Oregon gets in.

Last edited:

Besides, that was a bowl game. That was AFTER the selection... I dont care who you are or who your team was. If you saw the team records and the records of who they lost to, without a team name next to it, NOBODY is putting Ohio State in over TCU OR Baylor, NOBODY. Florida state gets in Alabama gets in and Oregon gets in.

The 12 people that mattered put Ohio State in and were proven to have made the right decision based on the final results on the field.

For a guy who claims to be focused on "the body of work" you sure are singularly focused on this bizarre criteria of "impressive losses." Wins matter. Ohio State's body of work includes a beat down of a ranked team in their conference championship. TCU lacks this. Like it or not, like the stock market, the college football playoff runs on momentum, and the Buckeyes had that in spades.

I agree it worked out in the end and I think the playoff system accomplished what it was meant to do as far as getting someone other than 1 or 2 as a champion, BUT, they shouldn't have been there in the first place based on body of work when compared to TCU or Baylor. I believe TCU would have won the championship had they remained in the 3 spot which they earned and deserved and did NOTHING to lose. This is where the real issue is in my opinion.

The other issue is under the four team playoff there are not enough spots for all the conferences to be represented. A six team playoff where the champion from each of the P5 gets in (Big 12 uses a head to head for tiebreaker, Baylor is in 2014) and the sixth spot is the highest ranked team from the G5 not necessarily in the top 25. Teams are seeded by CFP ranking.After the NYE NYD bowls have been played and these first 3 games are played the highest remaining seeded team gets a bye the next week and one week later there is a national championship. This would give us a true no debating it champion. The best teams in the country will be there, they would have won their conference no ties, no talking about who beat who or how weak the Big 10 is etc etc. All conferences will have a say in who is national champion.

For the record, I have nothing against the Buckeyes. I just have an issue with the way they got there, mostly because although the CFP did change things for the better, it happened in a way that wasn't supposed to happen according to everything that had been said by the committee. It was almost like they knew TCU was the better team between them and Baylor and they had put that out there the week before by placing TCU in the 3 spot, but then didn't want to get flamed over leaving Baylor out because of the H2H so just solved the problem by ditching the Big 12 all together and throwing the 10 in there (Ohio State bailed them out by destroying the Badgers, a team who lost to Northwestern...) How do you get all the way down to 5 when the last thing you did was run over a team and jump up to No 3? Its not like TCU had been hanging on at 4 for a few weeks and the committee was just looking for a reason to drop them out, they had just JUMPED them to 3... Thats the part that I don't get and Buckeye fans or any fans for that matter would be really upset if that happened to them.

For a guy who claims to be focused on "the body of work" you sure are singularly focused on this bizarre criteria of "impressive losses." Wins matter. Ohio State's body of work includes a beat down of a ranked team in their conference championship. TCU lacks this. Like it or not, like the stock market, the college football playoff runs on momentum, and the Buckeyes had that in spades.

Ok, wins matter. Lets go that route, still don't think you or anyone else puts Ohio State in when there is no name next to the records. Big 12 is much more competitive top to bottom than the 10. TCU beat #4, #15, #20 and #7 along with Minnesota 30-7 who was one of the ranked teams Ohio State beat #25 31-24 along with #8 and #13 who was their championship game in which IF TCU had a chamionship game to play they would have played a higher ranked team. (which doesn't matter, just throwing it out there as a comparison of conference strength)

Last edited:
The playoff committee's process was pretty much the same as the old coaches poll process. In that process(es) every one who is commenting on rankings should know that early losses are less weighted than late losses and late impressive wins over ranked teams weight more than early wins over tough teams.

OSU loss to VT was early and they finished very strong with a blowout win in the conference championship. It was that 59-0 win over #13 Wisconsin that put OSU ahead of TCU.

Right or wrong you have to understand that was the process used by the committee and it was nothing new.

well yea, I realize what they did and why they did it. Problem is, they always said it was going to be the complete body of work not what have you done for me lately or any knee jerk reactions.

Back