Favorite rocket ever built

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pretty even toss up between my Jr L1 cert rocket, I Power, and my Darkstar Lite to which I added an av-bay and payload section. I used that for my first Dual Deploy. They're both really, really nice flying rockets, and both also have great sentimental value. On a similar note, there's nothing particularly "special" about my estes Bull Pup or EPM 010, but they both represent 2 of the very first rockets I flew (albeit my first EPM died hanging in a tree), and so have great sentimental value. And even though I'm moving toward more and more High Power, those are still 2 of my favorite rockets to fly.

Nate

The Estes Laser was the first one I built by myself as a kid, maybe 8 or 9 years old. 3FNC with streamer recovery, had a lot of fun with that one.

That's a tough one. I have a list of Favorites, but could never pick just one.
My Son would tell you it's like Stealth6 said, the most recent Rocket built or flown.
Whenever we launch, I seem to always at some point tell him "That's my new Favorite Rocket", and he jokes about how I always say that.

Last edited:
Aw shucks. I got a lot of em. All of my faves are the ones I designed myself and flew with great success. If I had to choose from that line, I'd have to say my Fiddle Faddle. It's way over stable, has a lot of drag, but from a designer point of view, it's unique. Enough so, that when LW entered it in a design contest back in the 80's, it won. Got lotsa parts as a reward. I actually designed this one back when I was a teenager...1968?

DSCF3139.jpg

My Minie Magg. Nothing special about the build but it was my L1 rocket and has flow a lot on H's and I's (7 flights to date). It now has 9 oz of nose weight, so it's super stable and I really like how it flies on I motors.

MaggI255.png

My favorite has been NASA Pegasus... Built at least 2 from original kits in the 80's, one clone and one upscale. More to come...😄ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1421186752.730674.jpg

I really enjoyed designing and then building my 5" Exocet back around 2000. I had Eric at Dynacom make all of the parts except for the nose cone. I only flew it twice before I quit flying around 2002.

Lately I've had a great time with the LOC DoorKnob I built. It's a great all around rocket. It's fun to fly on an I to 1000' or full K to 5000'. Either way you can watch the entire flight.

This.

[video=youtube;GqxvjT0alUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqxvjT0alUk[/video]

Here's some still pictures.

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

My original design I called Strato Cruiser. It is an homage to the delta winged jets of the 50s. I built the first one some time around 1971, and over the years have up scaled it and down scaled it.

Usually, "the next one." Heheh. The last one I finished was pretty cool, though...

Mondo Kraken.jpg

Later!

--Coop

I have lots...but some of my faves are my PML Small Endeavour, LOC Expediter, and the Estes Arrow.

Aerotech Arreaux. It is broke now, but it was my first rocket to ever utilize composite motors. It was my first step into the world of Club Rocketry and was my first ever workhorse rocket! I think I launched it at least 2 times every single launch lol.

My darkstar jr. in the middle of picture , hopefully this spring/summer will 2 stage it

Family Photo.jpg

Way back around 1980 I had built a Centuri Gabriel. I was, at the time, acquiring quite a fleet of probably 4 or 5 rockets. But the Gabriel was my favourite to fly high as it always went straight up like an arrow. I had a Centuri SAM-3 as well which looked good but always seemed to veer off course a little.

My King Kraken clone built out of used plastic tint film tubes. It was a pile of fun and flew like a charm.

build14.jpg

build13.jpg

My King Kraken clone built out of used plastic tint film tubes. It was a pile of fun and flew like a charm.

Frog,, that's beautiful graphics....
Is that a vinyl wrap.....
If that's what you do for a living,,
you must be awfully good at applying it.....
The wraps can be a bit difficult but doable if your very careful right from the beginning......

Teddy

Back