Rocketry Warehouse Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrAdam

Reaction score
Has anyone else who ordered over the Black Friday weekend and received kits with missing parts, wrong parts or broken parts, received their replacements yet?

I have two kits that were missing parts and was told they were (are) extremely busy filling orders and would ship out the missing parts after the new year. My latest communication has gone unanswered and I am still waiting. Getting frustrated because I was looking forward to building these kits with my son.

I got the kit I ordered within 11 days. Discovered the poorly sized MMT. RW said they would send a longer replacement. I added a few more things and asked them to ship together.

This time it took more like three weeks, but I now have everything. They said they were doing everything in their power, but did take off for Christmas week.

I would hate to see the mountain of papaerwork they have to sort through from the BF sale alone.
None the less all the problems from that sale.
I bet they feel as though they are the center of earth in that pile of paper work trying sort it all out.
Plus, keep up with new incoming orders, inventory this time of year.
It mush be a real night mare for them.

Got most of mine quickly. Handwritten note inside for missing diy kit. Still waiting on that, but otherwise good.

I got my missing V2 fin the first week of the new year as promised. I emailed the day after Christmas so that wasn't to bad.

I just got confirmation today that my longer MMT for the X-celerator shipped. I believe they're finally unburying themselves from the mountain of orders they received.

It seems most of the vendors in this industry are families working out of their houses to support a hobby they enjoy too. Takes a bit more patience, but the payoff is worth it.

You can always try calling. Floyd's pretty good about picking up the phone.

Not worried on mine. Six fin slots put mine at the bottom of the pile.

Well I hope I get the customer service the rest have received. I am in a temporary living situation and building is about the only thing I have to look forward to. Getting pretty bored waiting for parts.

Got my order about 10 days before Christmas and everything was included and correct. Even my special request was right.

...Fudd

The owner of Rocketry Warehouse (Floyd) is swamped with duties that his late wife (Gisele) used to handle... she passed away this past October:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?70562-Sad-Sad-News-for-Rocketry-Warehouse

I was surprized that Rocketry Warehouse was able to put on the Black Friday event... but I guess it goes to show that life must go on. I found that telephone conversation with the owner is best. Rest assured he (Floyd) will make it right.

I have to agree. It is amazing that they drive on with a business after such a tragedy.

I also received a V2 with only 3 fins. I did get the 4th fin a couple of weeks after bringing it to their attention. I hope they took a few weeks off to rest up. I'm sure the holiday rush is no fun from the vendor's perspective.

I trust it was just a blip on the radar. The majority of my favorite kits are from RW, so I hope that I leave rocketry before Floyd does.

I have more RW kits (at least 10) than I have from any other source. Floyd has been very good to me when I need something a little different from the standard kit too. I can't say enough good things about RW and they are the first place I go to when I need something for my next project. The V2 is a work of art with the recessed coupler accommodation in the nose cone and the tail cone. It is easily converted to dual deploy too. I hope to fly my highly modified Formula 200 in early February.

Has anyone else who ordered over the Black Friday weekend and received kits with missing parts, wrong parts or broken parts, received their replacements yet?

I have two kits that were missing parts and was told they were (are) extremely busy filling orders and would ship out the missing parts after the new year. My latest communication has gone unanswered and I am still waiting. Getting frustrated because I was looking forward to building these kits with my son.

I tend to avoid the BF craziness for these very reasons. In the rush to fulfill and ship the large number of sales, more orders seem to need remediation and follow-up. This is a general observation - I am not referring to any particular vendor. I have had super-quick as well as delayed BF experiences.

If you want to save money on big orders and don't mind the risk of delays or mistakes, then go for the BF sale. For me, I usually have small orders and a deadline (like, wanting to build over the Christmas holiday when I have vacation time with the kids), so I pay a little more and make the purchases at off-peak times.

I think it took this post but I got my shipping notice the next day and parts are now here. I know it is a risk to order on these days but this was a first and a bit frustrating. I guess if I can give one bit of advice to Floyd it would be to kit the parts. A box with parts of three rockets just thrown in is a recipe for this to happen and I definitely was not expecting to have to sort and match when I opened it.

In any event I now have them and my son and I can get to building for a drag race.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Glad to hear you got your stuff! My order was relatively uncomplicated (just the Formula 54, 'cuz I'm on the left coast and missed the huge early morning sale on the Formula 38, darnnit) and my kit arrived quickly, and they even refunded $4 of the shipping, which I thought was really nice.

Cheers!

Hi everyone, I ordered a Scarab 54 from Rocketry Warehouse over 3 weeks ago and I still haven't got a shipping notification? And I've emailed them several times to ask what the status was and called and have heard nothing back. AND the money has been taken out of my Paypal account... Is this common? I'm starting to freak out.

Hi everyone, I ordered a Scarab 54 from Rocketry Warehouse over 3 weeks ago and I still haven't got a shipping notification? And I've emailed them several times to ask what the status was and called and have heard nothing back. AND the money has been taken out of my Paypal account... Is this common? I'm starting to freak out.

See the other very long thread on this.

"See the other very long thread on this." <<< Hi John, where can I find it? I'm new to the Forum!

Don't get too excited until you open the box and make sure everything is there. :wink:

Hi folks

I placed 2 orders with Rocketry Warehouse about 5-6 weeks ago. I did not receive confirmation of these orders and have had no response to several messages sent via the vendor's web site and by email. The payments have gone through PayPal, but the vendor appears to not wish to tell me what is going on. Is this company still operating?

Cheers
John
TRA #14574
ARA #064

It's really unclear, isn't it? I'm still awaiting a black Friday purchase. Had 1 rocket and a handful of supplies. Email, notes sent via their website, phone calls...nothing. The link above isn't working, which is...curious.

Edit: it does appear that their website is updating, leading me to believe someone is indeed home

May your orders be right, may the problems be few, and may your rockets come not long overdue

Last edited:
I hope all is well with folks at RW! I really like their stuff they have and would miss them if they closed the doors.

It seems that their service is as random as the lottery. Or maybe the Publisher's Clearing House winners........You never know who/how/why some people get chosen to get their stuff or who get's screwed over, but you're ALWAYS hoping it's you that wins!

It's pretty darn crappy, though, that their service history is hidden here in the 'missing' threads, which included as much pro as con. Not sure that anything ethical could explain that.

I don't quite understand why an order that would be relatively simple to fill from Black Friday days would still be unfilled and without communication, whereas others that have ordered since then have clearly attained their goods and/or had communications. Indeed, I do hope that all at RW are doing well; and if not then my order should certainly take a backseat. However, without knowing the status, my frustration grows, especially since back in January the email of "your order will be shipped within a week".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back