Artist/album selection for a cross country drive...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Who - Quadrophenia
Cheap Trick - Live at Budokan
UFO - Strangers in the Night
The Angels - Liveline

So, as a previous post mentioned, I'm driving cross country in a couple of weeks. The Steven Wright joke about one album didn't seem to go over very well. So, I thought I'd see what others might suggest. I lean more toward metal/hard rock/punk, or whatever trendy names these genres have this month.

What's definitely on the playlist:headbang::
  • Rammstein (My wife: "Is that German for crap?")
  • Sabaton
  • Judas Priest
  • Steel Panther
  • Dropkick Murphys
  • Dragonforce
  • Some 80's music (nostalgia)
  • Megaherz
  • Yes
  • Linkin Park (older stuff)
  • Disturbed

No coincidence - I've seen the first four bands live within the last several years.

So, what should I add? 32+ hours...

Bonus points if you pick a song that makes one or more of the dogs whine or howl.

Extra bonus points if you make the driver whine or howl!

What. NO ACCEPT?
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com

Pagan's Mind
Circus Maximus
Savatage
Rush
Iron Maiden
Night wish
Marillion
Yes
Dream Theater
Kansas
Symphony X
Star One
Deep Purple

Man,

Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions.

Except for Slim Whitman - that was _not_ helpful!

I realized that I need to greatly expand my initial list, and check out some possible additions.

Adding
  • Boston (how could I forget!)
  • Rush
  • 5FDP
  • Iron Maiden
  • Kansas (while driving through Kansas)
  • Deep Purple
  • BTO
  • Sammy Hagar
  • AC/DC
  • Metallica
  • Ozzy
  • ZZ Top
  • Offspring
  • Butthole Surfers
  • Blink 182
  • Rob Zombie
  • Yes (90125)

That's just the stuff I know I have on my computer back in VA.

I will be seeing how much of the other artists I can beg/borrow/steal/find in Amazon Prime.

And then how much I can stuff on a thumb drive.

About 20 years back, on a long drive, flush with some Christmas money, completely out of the blue, I bought a Johnny Cash 4 or 6 CD set, and loved it. It is great to have some real story telling with some songs, and it made the drive pass by, and I have fond memories of the songs. The weird thing, I never listened to it again--lost the CD's during one of many moves.

On a somewhat ironic note, this thread has been made moot.

I put aside the HDD I have all my music on - its usually attached to our HTPC. After the packers finished up, I went to fill my thumb drive.

Laptop: Check
HDD: Check
Proprietary USB cable: Check
Power adapter for the HDD: ???

FML. The packers packed it. I've learned that if I ever do this again I need to be VERY CAREFUL about what I want to bring with me vs what I want to have packed.

Not the rocket motors - they are in a tool box with a big sticker that says DO NOT PACK - DO NOT LOAD - DO NOT MOVE. Nor my spray paint.

It's the little things. The shoes I didn't put far enough away from everything else. My coat (I had to open a box to get that one back). The plug for the external hard drive. The part of the doggie-door that actually closes it off. My stickers for labeling destination. All of these were packed while I was looking elsewhere! Grrrr.

So, I still have lots of music - just not exactly what I was hoping for.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, tho! I will be listening.

Just not on this trip.

Make a quick stop at Best Buy somewhere along the way. They probably have one.

Back