Highest Altitude successful rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xan2482

Reaction score
Hello,
What model rockets that you ever built had the highest altitude? I have built successfully the Estes Air Commander rocket even though the flight wasn't as successful, the altitude of it was 2250 feet. The highest successful launched rocket was the Estes Yankee rocket whose altitude is 1700 feet.

Thank you,
Xan

I got 7850 out of a Nuke Pro Max with a J290, but looking for much higher. I got back into this as a means of getting my hobby circuits and other electronics into some interesting places.

2915 with a 4" crayon on an I236. According to the onboard Alt2 it hit 563 MPH, so almost into the mach transition.

crayonI236.jpg

I think the key phrase here is "model rockets." Didn't get the impression he meant high power.

I think the key phrase here is "model rockets." Didn't get the impression he meant high power.

My Estes Crossfire on a D10 probably got up to about 13 or 1400ish. My highest altimeter verified is my modified EPM 010 on a D24T to 1117ft and 253mph. my Estes Comanche 3 also probably got up there on a D12 to B6 to B6, but I lost the first stage on that flight. Come to think of it, my absolute highest was actually probably a quick MD I built to use up the other D12-0 I had. MD D12-0 to E12-6, streamer recovery, both stages recovered in useable condition. Estimated altitude between 2200 and 3k.

If we're counting HPR, my highest is a DD Estes Argent on an I200W to 3,503 ft or 3,505 ft depending on which altimeter you believe. Velocity of 596mph.

Nate

Xan, I love the Yankee. I have built and flown more of them than any other. It has been probably 20 years since I built my last one and I would have no idea how high it went. I will say that the ones I have launched more than once are few and far between. I probably need to get around to building an upscale Yankee that would fly on an H, something still relatively small like a 2.26" body tube.

big bertha to 2500'(estimated) and 500mph(estimated)...on a G67 redline :).
and got it back!
Rex

8700 PML Sudden Rush. Nearly found the failure point of Quantum tubing. Could but won't fly again.

4027' with a Wildman Shape Shifter Jr. On a CTI I255.

Edit: if you're only counting models, it would be my Aerotech Arreaux on a CTI G33 which went to around 3000'.

Last edited:
Since your ask about Model Rockets:
Best I've done is 6XC Cluster Altutuide model Tracked and Closed at 666m (2,185ft) at ECRM-24 07-12-1997.

f_6C Clu-Alt-b1b_18mm (666m) 3pic Page_05-17-98.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back