Hawaiian HPR?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCTex

Reaction score
Are there are any active Hawaiian (Oahu) HPR flyers on the forum? I'd like to know who flies and if any unique challenges are faced out there. Google brings up a defunct NAR group and Tripoli lists Dr. Jacob Hudson jr as the only point of contact - I've dropped him a line and await his reply. In the meantime, I'd like to hear about any flight opportunities that exist. Is there a motor vendor on the island? Looking forward to hearing from those "in the know".
Thank you,
Nathan
L2 TRA 11890

I just recently spoke with a LPR rocketeer on Oahu, who was launching a pink Hyper-Bat rocket at Sandy Beach on the east coast of Oahu. I don't know if he's into high power, nor if he knows any others on the island yet.

Thanks for the quick replies. I spoke with The Hobby Company listed by Estes and a few others. From what I've gathered the hobby shops don't touch HPR, but a few gave me a lead that there is an active club at Windward College.

Jacob is the guy to talk to. I'm not sure how much flying they do on the island. Years ago I met up with a group of fliers on Oahu and they only flew up to D's. Jacob is an AeroPac member and always brings a group of students to ARLISS.

Tony

Thanks Tony, good to know. I look forward to hearing from him.

Back