Engraving a Metal plate?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Alrighty... I just finished up my Eagle project a few days ago, and now I am trying to figure out how to make a small metal plate with my name on it. Just something along the lines of

MATT FLETCHER
TROOP 212, CARY, NC
COMPLETED 01/04/2015

I was thinking about trying to see if I could get a plate engraved with this. Like on a CNC mill. So, does anybody know anybody who can do this?

Something along the lines of this:
images

Thanks!

CNC engraver will do it. You can get one made online for a few bucks. 8-10 bucks. Search google shopping.

Contact a trophy shop, that does engraving. They should be able to do it for you.

I did engraving as a part of my state job. I made hundreds of name tags, data plates and interpretive signs in both plastic and brass. Your plate should take them less than 30 minutes to do and that it includes picking out the plate.

If you're a Scout, my suggestion would be to do it yourself. Brass is etched very easily using either electricity or chemicals (ferric chloride). You can make all kinds of masks to select what areas/shapes are removed (things as simple as spray paint or candle wax).

Matt,,
I was not aware at all that you were working toward "Eagle" scout...
My greatest congratulations...
That's not an easy task.........

Teddy

Back