Custom metalwork

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Binder Design

Reaction score
Just wanted everyone to know that we can do custom sizing of the Max Q Aerospace bands to fit most any application. Pictured is a 6" project we just finished.

Feel free to contact us for a quote.

www.binderdesign.com

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Very nice work!

Is that 6061?

It looks like the fin profile for the IQSY Tomahawk.

Greg

Yep, it's a 66% 6inch ISQY Tomahawk. I machined the fins then Derek sent them to Binder to make the brackets. They turned out really well! I can't wait to see this project fly!

So you machined those fins, Bryce?

Here's another view. Thanks again, Mike.

imagejpg3_zpsf7d98713.jpg

That's a nicer photo. The beveling on those fins is amazing. In the second photo I posted it appears one of your kids is ready for shovel recovery. :)

What kind of machining process did you use for the fins? Water jet and mill? They look very nice; great job.

The sad truth is that the design parameters for this project have changed and it isn't really a Tomahawk now. I might need to get some new fins cut and save these tomahawk fins for a longer motor.

Let's also give props to Mike for a great job on the bands. They fit perfectly and are a tight fit with only eight screws. That's some precision work right there.

Now, if you guys could do a 1/4 scale Patriot fin can with the right boat tail...

Back