CTI packaging for 29mm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanT

Reaction score
I have a couple of older, longer (6 / 7 grain) reloads for 29mm CTI which have been packaged in 2" diameter cardboard tubes with the igniter inside. All the rest of my 5 grain and smaller reloads are newer (2011-present) and are in 1.5" cardboard tubes. Is there a reason for the larger packaging for the longer reloads (i.e. - are they still using larger tubes for 6+ grains), or is everything today packaged in 1.5" tubes?

I ask because I'm building a box for my reloads and would like to know whether to account for the two sizes, or if I can just build to the 1.5" diameter.

Thanks!

I have a couple of older, longer (6 / 7 grain) reloads for 29mm CTI which have been packaged in 2" diameter cardboard tubes with the igniter inside. All the rest of my 5 grain and smaller reloads are newer (2011-present) and are in 1.5" cardboard tubes. Is there a reason for the larger packaging for the longer reloads (i.e. - are they still using larger tubes for 6+ grains), or is everything today packaged in 1.5" tubes?
I ask because I'm building a box for my reloads and would like to know whether to account for the two sizes, or if I can just build to the 1.5" diameter.
Thanks!

Everything is packaged in 1.5" cardboard tubes now.

Jeroen

Back