NSL 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already had the tripods. I am going to build a second one next month so we can have three low power racks.

We have been planning to go to an Orangeburg launch for years. So, when NFL 2015 was announced, we decided to go.

Bracha, Oscar, and I will be there with a selection of kits, motors, supplies, and accessories from JonRocket.com. We cater to the flyers of smaller rockets so we try to keep all of Estes's motors I'm stock.

-- Roger

Oh, I am not sure what I will have ready to fly. My larger rockets are all in various states of disrepair right now and I am not sure I have time to fix one.

-- Roger

You will be missed.

FYI. We are working on Swag Bags for the flyers. There will be one for each of the first registrants. I have 100 completed. Some will miss out on certain gifts if they are not the first to sign up.

We have been planning to go to an Orangeburg launch for years. -- Roger

Hmm, *I've* been wanting to return to Orangeburg ever since LDRS XV, the infamous 'Motor Home Mutiny' notwithstanding! Just can't seem to get the chances to get the other HPR gliders flown and hashed out, though. Ain't going up there without 'em.

OH YAY! Haven't seen you in a couple of years! Glad you're planning the trip. This event will pack the Days Inn, so I'll be booking in advance. Remember folks, The Days Inn is an old hotel, and you would be wise to bring a can of insect killer/repellant with you. Leo, I have quite a few nubies I've built since we last met. LW and I will be partnered under the red canopy. Be great to see you again. Let's fly some rockets!

Gary, I completely missed your post :eek: Looking very much forward to it!

The contact us page at nsl2015.com. Just email Chuck, and attach pic. Also fill out the preflight approval form if necessary.

Last edited:
Leo. Just send me photos and a description. If it is L or larger, fill out the preflight form.

What are thoughts on a registered list on the website?

Well, 2 weeks have passed and the website has been updated. I guess my planned flight isn't worth mentioning ;)

So I'll post my personal highlight launch (or launches) here :)

I'll have my Estes Ascender 2-Stage with me.

Ascender_2-Stage.jpg

It will include my home-made altimeter for apogee and main deploy duties. The altimeter will also be responsible for firing the sustainer stage.
The rocket will include a small GPS transmitter and on-board DVR.
I plan to use CTI reloads on all stages with predicted altitudes anywhere from 1600 to over 3000 feet, depending on weather conditions.

I'm excited...

Leo,

Your flight is now featured. More flights to be posted this weekend.

Thanks Chuck.

I visit Orangeburg twice a year :)

You mentioned the Mongoose. I'll have it along as well.

Here a pic from an event last year:

Estes_Mongoose_2014.11.08.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. I will add the mongoose also. Maybe tomorrow.

Hotel reservations made! In addition to T-shirts I will have a bunch of unbuilt kits for sale and possibly some motor hardware.

More to come tomorrow.

We have a food vendor or two. If you volunteer to work, you will get a t-shirt (first come, first serve on sizes).

We have several free decals and a few for sale.

Here is care sticker:

Shucks. I can't get the photo to upload. Will try again tomorrow.

I'm crunching a bit getting my first round of nubies finished. Wish it didn't take so long for paint to dry. Finally some adequate weather to work in. I'd at least like to get that upscale heli job finished and my Platinum Centaur. These are two, of about 5-6, that are on the top of my list.

Pray for fair weather and no mud bogs!

Back