NSL 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clarify. There is not staging area prior to 1700 or 5 pm on the 22nd of May. Do not come on Supersod property until after 5 pm. This a business and they are open till 5 pm.

Do not park or use Rogueford Road.

Go have an Early dinner or check into your hotel room.

Friday is tough. There will be some one on the field until setup is complete. After it is complete, we plan on going to dinner. If you plan to setup Friday night, it must be complete by dusk.

Saturday, registration opens at 0900 am. Flyers meeting iatr at 930 and 12. You must attend One to fly. This is not my rule, I am passing the message. Some one will be on the field around 0800 am.

Prepayment of flight fees has ended. You can still register and pay on the field.

First step is complete. I just landed in Charlotte airport 4 hours ago. Now to unpack my rocket stuff...

Trailer is 95% ready, rockets and motors selected - laying on garage floor. Final load out will be Thursday PM and we hit the road Friday around 5AM. Expect to land in Orangeburg between 7-9PM. Any suggestions for a late dinner?'

Current flight plans
  • RMFPR - M1969SF
  • Thunder and Lightning - I300T to H225WT
  • Irritator - K1100T
  • King Viper - 3 X I223SK
  • Jayhawk - J525FJ
  • Armageddon Industries Flying Spool of Doom - I110LW
  • Little Dog - H90LR
  • Frankenrush - I200W
  • Odds & Ends

Last edited:
Trailer is 95% ready, rockets and motors selected - laying on garage floor. Final load out will be Thursday PM and we hit the road Friday around 5AM. Expect to land in Orangeburg between 7-9PM. Any suggestions for a late dinner?'

Current flight plans
  • RMFPR - M1969SF
  • Thunder and Lightning - I300T to H225WT
  • Irritator - K1100T
  • King Viper - 3 X I223SK
  • Jayhawk - J525FJ
  • Armageddon Industries Flying Spool of Doom - I110LW
  • Little Dog - H90LR
  • Frankenrush - I200W
  • Odds & Ends

Look me up, we will be in Friday at the Days Inn. Would love to join you. House of Pizza is a great place. Although they close at 10. Waffle House across street from hotel.

Master of procrastination, and I have finally cleaned my large motor to be able to fly my Ultimate Wildman! Has only taken me 2+ years to do so! Last time I used the case was for my L3 flight at Freedom Launch 2013!! Sheesh...LOL...Anyways, that will be the highlight of my weekend. It will be going up on an M1160-Green - simulations predict it to go to 8500-8700 feet..Of course a few of my smaller rockets will going up, haven't decided on motors, will decide that on field..Looking forward to seeing all you nerds! :) Will be up on Friday..Look for the silver 2004 Durango..

Master of procrastination, and I have finally cleaned my large motor to be able to fly my Ultimate Wildman! Has only taken me 2+ years to do so! Last time I used the case was for my L3 flight at Freedom Launch 2013!! Sheesh...LOL...Anyways, that will be the highlight of my weekend. It will be going up on an M1160-Green - simulations predict it to go to 8500-8700 feet..Of course a few of my smaller rockets will going up, haven't decided on motors, will decide that on field..Looking forward to seeing all you nerds! :) Will be up on Friday..Look for the silver 2004 Durango..

Dang! Where you been hiding man? It'll be good to see you.

Dang! Where you been hiding man? It'll be good to see you.

Been under a rock! Yeah, that one...no, the one on the right...LMAO...

Been a while...Schedule just never seemed to synch up with my work schedule..That and some other 'life' things would raise their ugly heads..Hopefully, all that BS is in the past and launch trips will become more regular! :)

What a pleasant surprise! Look very much forward to seeing you in OB. Oh, and keep a little room for my altimeter ;)

The forecast is still looking great for the weekend. I'm thrilled. The predictions are right up my alley. Warm temps, low humidity, and trace clouds for Saturday. I can deal with that.

Well... accommodations ended up failing. I'll be hoping for launch updates on this thread. :)

Last edited:
I'll be leaving from Evans, Georgia (outside of Augusta) around 730am on Saturday. I will be bringing 3 of my boys and my father-in-law, and look forward to meeting some of you and your rockets.

Accomodations may be tight, and the drive is about 2 hours, but I could take someone in Evans if an emergency comes up.

Dan

This just in. It would be nice to have some details. You'll find some of us parked on the side of the highway next to SS entrance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: "NSL 2015" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 7:22:28 PM
Subject: [NSL 2015] PLEASE READ: Folks, we have had a last minute...

Bobby C. Weatherford Jr. posted in NSL 2015 Bobby C. Weatherford Jr. May 21 at 4:22pm PLEASE READ: Folks, we have had a last minute change in setup. Until Johnny or I get to the field tomorrow (Friday), please do not setup anything. Our friends at SuperSod have asked for a different setup than usual or planned. Also, please do not park on any grass. On Saturday, as you arrive, please see the nice lady in the golf cart before parking and setting up. She will direct you to where you can setup your spot. Like Comment Share

NSL 2015

Bobby C. Weatherford Jr. posted in NSL 2015

Bobby C. Weatherford Jr.
May 21 at 4:22pm

PLEASE READ: Folks, we have had a last minute change in setup. Until Johnny or I get to the field tomorrow (Friday), please do not setup anything. Our friends at SuperSod have asked for a different setup than usual or planned. Also, please do not park on any grass.

On Saturday, as you arrive, please see the nice lady in the golf cart before parking and setting up. She will direct you to where you can setup your spot.

Last edited:
Will you guys have a ladder for use at the HPR pads, or should I bring my own?

Thanks,
Dave

I will have a few kits and rockets that I don't fly anymore for sale. There is a built and flown 4" X15 and an unbuilt Estes Saturn V form the very first year they were produced before the fancy color box. Look for the white trailer with the V2 on the sides.

Back