NSL 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had fun filling out the forms and playing with the pencils.
There maybe additional questions, like: Are you NUTTS? or WTF?

Muhahahahahaha:dark:

Yup. You will get questions. And, maybe more.

Any chance that there could be a flight card maker on the website? Basically kinda like the form above, except it automatically fills out a flight card that you can print out? That would be nice. :)

Jimbo, I will be filling out forms, have no fear but it is IMPERATIVE that on site options be available. We all know crap happens. My dealer didn't get my motor. My buddy just gave me this motor. I didn't decide to attend until last week. These and more are sufficient reasons to have on site options. I will gladly volunteer to be part of the team doing this if wanted. Ok, pencils down!

Jim,

We are not holding you to a motor. If you plan to come close to the waiver or want to fly an L or M, we want to confirm that you have thought it through before the day of the flight.

This also allows us to have a list of featured flights.

Any chance that there could be a flight card maker on the website? Basically kinda like the form above, except it automatically fills out a flight card that you can print out? That would be nice. :)

Hey... I'll do ya one better!

Bring your rockets & motors to NSL....AND....... I'll automatically fly them for you. :facepalm:

Ok... I really do get it. Since they quit teaching how to write in schools, all the young whipper-snapers think pencils are for drawing on cave walls.:wink:

PS: auto correct won't fix a bad flight...auto-fill won't put your motor in the rocket & a "spam" filter doesn't work in Hawaii [ they love spam].... :flyingpig: LOL

Last edited:
Oh great. One of those guys... :p

Bring your rockets & motors to NSL....AND....... I'll automatically fly them for you. Sure..... you supply the motors! :p

Ok... I really do get it. Since they quite teaching how to write in schools, all the young whipper-snapers think pencils are for drawing on cave walls.:wink:
No... mostly just that my handwriting SUCKS.
PS: auto correct won't fix a bad flight...auto-fill won't put your motor in the rocket & a "spam" filter doesn't work in Hawaii [ they love spam].... :flyingpig:

​#$%^&*( I THOUGHT THAT WORKED!!!!!!! :p
LOL

Oh great. One of those guys... :p

Bring your rockets & motors to NSL....AND....... I'll automatically fly them for you. Sure..... you supply the motors! :p

Ok... I really do get it. Since they quite teaching how to write in schools, all the young whipper-snapers think pencils are for drawing on cave walls.:wink:
No... mostly just that my handwriting SUCKS.
PS: auto correct won't fix a bad flight...auto-fill won't put your motor in the rocket & a "spam" filter doesn't work in Hawaii [ they love spam].... :flyingpig:

#$%^&*( I THOUGHT THAT WORKED!!!!!!! :p
LOL

One question - Staging of smaller AP combinations. What level of hysteria can I expect?

• Special approval form
  • Peer review
  • Medieval court of chivalry
  • Blind drop for cash bribes
  • Requirement for more electronics than used to fly the space shuttle
  • We are too scared so don't bother to ask
  • Or, hopefully -> it is a proven kit, bring the darn thing and poke a hole in the sky.
I have two PML kits
  • Thunder & Lightning (I300 to H225)
  • Mini BBX / Terrier (I357 to small H)
Both are stock and do not have the room for anything more than the basic altimeter & timer.

Dear H-Rocket,
We sincerely thank you for the advance warning.
Doing so in such a timely manner, will allow the needed "lead " time to construct the underground concrete re-enforced bunkers, which can house on lookers in complete safety, while you fly.
We will also notify Waste-Management to bring the additional dumpster space needed to haul away your debris.

Thank you for your support.

PS: decorum dictates you supply your own aluminum foil for the required helmets.....string and tin cans for communication.:grin:

That's a great idea. My suggestion is design it so all the flyer needs to by hand is the motor and projected altitude and any notes for the LCO (cert flight, etc.). This will make reading the cards easier on the LCO.

Dear H-Rocket,
We sincerely thank you for the advance warning.
Doing so in such a timely manner, will allow the needed "lead " time to construct the underground concrete re-enforced bunkers, which can house on lookers in complete safety, while you fly.

I planned ahead for you

North-Portal_large.jpg

Sure..... you supply the motors!
[/QUOTE

Dear Mr. Brat.............errr I mean Brandt.

As previously specified, the "usual" suspects & myself, are feverishly working on a motor for one of your flights.
A very special motor.
We are having some problems ram-rodding the required number of match-heads into the case, along with all that zinc-sulpher you requested. We are running low on zinc, so we hope you don't mind the substitution of flash-powder.
We should however, have these "bugs" worked out by the time our bunker is completed.
Since I'm sure, you are probably lacking the starter required for ignition, I have agreed to supply you with a dowel and some C-4 firmly secured to the tip.
You have plenty of time to decide between rubbing 2 sticks together or flint & steel to light the above aforementioned starter.

We wish you all the best & good luck with your flight, it looks to be a "memorable" one.
Please have plenty of video on hand, unfortunately you will be the only witness as the rest of us will be in O'burg 10 miles away, so we can get a nice panoramic view of the mushroom cloud....[we hope you can run fast.....very fast]

The management

PS. we have the proper documents for you to sign before flight.....as you will be responsible for all the shattered windows within the 5 mile blast zone..... eerrrr..... I mean recovery cylinder.

OK.... that's it. :) I challenge thee to a drag race at either NSL or LDRS. :p

One question - Staging of smaller AP combinations. What level of hysteria can I expect?

• Special approval form
  • Peer review
  • Or, hopefully -> it is a proven kit, bring the darn thing and poke a hole in the sky.
I have two PML kits
Both are stock and do not have the room for anything more than the basic altimeter & timer.

Just have to receive RSO approval.

That's a great idea. My suggestion is design it so all the flyer needs to by hand is the motor and projected altitude and any notes for the LCO (cert flight, etc.). This will make reading the cards easier on the LCO.

It is a good idea, but it needs to be on card stock and double sided.

Al, If you want a NiteBow, just say and I'll bring one for you. only have a few left....

Chuck here is a pic of a rocket in the grass. Wish the focus was a little better but I was a little unhappy at that point.
Shovel recovery.jpg

One more nag about spelling on the website. Under the launch rules page, under Parking it is listed as "first come first server"

Thanks for the spelling correction. It is hard to get it perfect.

• Special approval form
  • Peer review
I have two PML kits

NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

[video=youtube;NUMkcBctE7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMkcBctE7c[/video]

So I am thinking about having my self an Honest John or V2 themed launch or maybe launch day. I have different Honest Johns and V2s ranging from mini engine to M impulse models. Any votes on which one to pick. ;)

Are you building yours for the launch? If so it is a done deal. I can cover Mini, A,B,C,D, I and M impulse. The big one may fly on an N1800. Have to run some simulations but it should stay under our waver. Loki M2550 pushed it to 4500 at Sky Power and an M1297 puts it at 4100.

Back