the restricted research forum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

larrykoskie

Reaction score
I have been a L3 TRA member for 3 years. I have been trying to get on the restricted research forum for 3 months. I have sent 8 messages to the administrator so far and still I don't have permission to visit the page. I am very upset with the way this forum is run. 8 messages and still no reply. Maybe I can get a reply this way, I have tried everything else.:sad:

Maybe it is because you have been on this fourm since 2009 with zero posts till this point ? Obviously you cant be too upset with the fourm or the way its run or you wouldnt be on here lol. Try and be more proactive and ask questions / talk to people .

Eric

Maybe it is because you have been on this fourm since 2009 with zero posts till this point ? Obviously you cant be too upset with the fourm or the way its run or you wouldnt be on here lol. Try and be more proactive and ask questions / talk to people .

Eric

HOLY COW!!! Another Vermonter!!!
Howdy Neighbor!!!

Eric

Weeeeeellllll, Maybe if the OP had a reply from one of the "powers that be" he might not have resorted to a public post. I mean I'm sure the admin folks have no other outside obligations and live to answer requests here. Plus they're probably paid an inordnate amount to "administer" here.:wink::facepalm:

Nonetheless, looks like several attempts were made to contact and hopefully the request will be sent/booted to the right party.
Kurt

Weeeeeellllll, Maybe if the OP had a reply from one of the "powers that be" he might not have resorted to a public post. I mean I'm sure the admin folks have no other outside obligations and live to answer requests here. Plus they're probably paid an inordnate amount to "administer" here.:wink::facepalm:

Nonetheless, looks like several attempts were made to contact and hopefully the request will be sent/booted to the right party.
Kurt

Seems to be a trend now that Troj isn't the man. Look at the banner for Wildman, posted in forum feedback and nothing from any "powers" I agree that the pay rate may be the reason, but I would think a week or 2 should suffice to allow time to reply.

You're supposed to send email to [email protected] per https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?17943-Research-Forum-Access
Presumably that's what the OP is doing.

Okay I see what you are saying, but where is that posted on this forum, I don't find it. How can a person know this address if it can't be found? I still can't find it. I have sent an email to this address now, but that is after sending 8 messages with no response. Why didn't the first 8 messages get a response? I have been waiting since November 3rd. Yes I have been on this forum for more than 5 years and I have only made a few posts but that is because a few people didn't agree with my ideas and didn't have a very tactful way of expressing their opinions. So I have kept my posts and my opinions to myself. I don't share if you don't want hear what I have to say.

I just took a look at the "Rules and Guidelines" sub forum. I did not see the post with instructions on gaining access to the restricted research forum, (even though I know the thread is there) until I changed the "Thread Display Options" to "Show threads from the... Beginning" I think the default is within the last year.

The "Sticky" threads are always displayed. Maybe all the Rules and Guidelines posts should be made sticky?

(Also, there is a little "Want access? Read this" link on the research forum description, which is how I found the procedure when I wanted to be granted access last year.)

Last edited:
(Also, there is a little "Want access? Read this" link on the research forum description, which is how I found the procedure when I wanted to be granted access last year.)
I did finally find the rules and guidelines instructions and the read me link too. Since I came home from MWP I wanted to get on the forum to learn more about make my own motors and all I found were obstacles. I got a reply to the first message I sent to Admin but no reply to the 8 replies I sent after that one. So I got irritated. I have waited 3 months for an answer that never came. I am sorry for my frustrations.

No need to apologize. I understand how frustrating a non-response to what is basically a tech support question can be. I'm dealing with that on an attempt to get customer support on an issue for one of my kids' christmas gifts right now. (In fact, I should trying to call them, again, today - bleh.)

I wanted to make sure others (who may or may not find this thread in a future search.) knew where to find the link. :) (Which is why I edited the reply after posting it to include that snippet.

Okay I see what you are saying, but where is that posted on this forum, I don't find it. How can a person know this address if it can't be found? I still can't find it. I have sent an email to this address now, but that is after sending 8 messages with no response. Why didn't the first 8 messages get a response? I have been waiting since November 3rd. Yes I have been on this forum for more than 5 years and I have only made a few posts but that is because a few people didn't agree with my ideas and didn't have a very tactful way of expressing their opinions. So I have kept my posts and my opinions to myself. I don't share if you don't want hear what I have to say.

No response? Maybe the emails went to /dev/null?:grin:

No really, I think you have a very valid issue to bring up. Unfortunately when dealing with a volunteer organization
things might not get acted upon expediently. People have day jobs. Well most of us.

Yeah, I made a comment about the banner ads of long closed contests and by golly if there's a rocket entity that has
a consistent service problem with multiple fliers, I don't think it proper to keep posting their ads. Kurt

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

This is gonna get good. :p

Since I came home from MWP I wanted to get on the forum to learn more about make my own motors and all I found were obstacles.

You may find even the research forum a bit lacking in direction (a very good resource, but not exactly a step by step) I picked this book up, and between that, the forum, and talking to as many people at launches that will tolerate me I'm starting to get an idea what I want to do...... https://www.compositepropellantbook.com/

Eric

I can vouch for Larry here. He's not only a good guy but a dang good club prefect for Michiana Rocketry...

You may find even the research forum a bit lacking in direction (a very good resource, but not exactly a step by step) I picked this book up, and between that, the forum, and talking to as many people at launches that will tolerate me I'm starting to get an idea what I want to do...... https://www.compositepropellantbook.com/

I thought that would be a good book too. I wrote to Terry and asked if I could buy 4 of them to have for the club, he agreed and quoted a price. I sent him a check and never got the books and the check never cleared the bank. I sent him additional emails but never got a response. About the same story, seeing a trend here.

I can vouch for Larry here. He's not only a good guy but a dang good club prefect for Michiana Rocketry...

Zero posts??? It shows that I have 26. Sure that isn't many but if people are going to criticize what I post, then I will keep my comments to myself. And thanks Dave.

Zero posts??? It shows that I have 26. Sure that isn't many but if people are going to criticize what I post, then I will keep my comments to myself. And thanks Dave.

The whole idea of posting is if your ideas don't help anyone else you'll certainly stir somebody up who has a better way:p My attitude is never to be afraid to say "By golly, that's a better idea than mine." Hopefully, somebody will answer your request soon. When I petitioned to be admitted to the research forum, I sold myself and stated some references. Dave's a good one for you. I was let in pretty quickly because the details satisfied the reviewer. I believe it might have been Kevin.

They did start up the youth group forum and that looks like it came along pretty quickly over a month. I believe they have some members and it's active but it doesn't look like the board shows how many messages are in there. So it does show somebody is doing "something".:clap: Here here! Let Larry in!!:clap::clap::clap::clap: Stop this administrative injustice :bangpan: Kurt :grin:

That's part of the initiation process. You gotta really want it. I had to do the same thing.

Yeah, I made a comment about the banner ads of long closed contests and by golly if there's a rocket entity that has
a consistent service problem with multiple fliers, I don't think it proper to keep posting their ads. Kurt

LOL! I've been trying to BUY banner advertising on here for about a year now. Apparently they don't want my money.

If I am a NAR LR member, can I still gain access to the section of the forum? I am over 18, but not yet 21 so I am not a SR member. Will this be an issue?

(Sorry if this is a bit off topic)

I thought that would be a good book too. I wrote to Terry and asked if I could buy 4 of them to have for the club, he agreed and quoted a price. I sent him a check and never got the books and the check never cleared the bank. I sent him additional emails but never got a response. About the same story, seeing a trend here.

Weird. Clicked the paypal link, had the book in about 3 days.

If you were trying to buy a book direct from Dr. McCreary, be advised that last I heard he was battling Alzheimer's. The next edition of his book will likely never see release.

Thanks for all the support and comments. I will be back here more often then and will give my support and share my ideas too. Thanks again.

The research forum is very useful. i have gotten a lot of great advice.

Thanks to their help, I now make my own igniters and motors.

Well, it has been an additional 3 weeks since I started this thread. I have bought the book "Experimental Composite Preopellant" and I have flown or blown my first sugar motor.41.jpg. And I have sent several emails and messages to the administrators, yet no one has replied to an email or to a message and I am still denied access to the research forum. Well I guess I will keep blowing up motors until I figure this out for myself. Thanks a lot.

Seriously? Larry still doesn't access???!!!

C'om people this is freaking ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back