MttM V2 and V2-WAC now available!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FlisKits is proud and excited to announce the release of our newest micro model, the V2 and V2-WAC (Bumper)!

We recently got all the custom parts in and got her out the door!

Featuring 3D printed nose and tail cones, Through The Wall fin mounting, laser cut basswood fins and water slide decals, this is a must have for all micro builders and scale builders alike!

Visit our site and check it out :)

Just ordered mine to fill out my V-2 collection.

NSL in Orangeburg [my home field] this year over Memorial weekend, will I see you there?
Perfect place for flying Micro's....close cut golf course sod [as in "on the green" type]
I'll have them set up a pad or 2 just for the tiny one's if ya come!

FlisKits is proud and excited to announce the release of our newest micro model, the V2 and V2-WAC (Bumper)!

We recently got all the custom parts in and got her out the door!

Featuring 3D printed nose and tail cones, Through The Wall fin mounting, laser cut basswood fins and water slide decals, this is a must have for all micro builders and scale builders alike!

Visit our site and check it out :)

Way KEWL Jim:
just put in my order for the Bumper-Wac. Great looking kit. That's another of the Micro Scale models I can check off my list:)

Just ordered the combo deal...please keep the micro to the maxx kits coming!

Got them, Jim, thanks for the fast shipping!

Haven't opened them yet for a detailed inspection. But, at first glance, the printed boat tails look really nice!

The V2 has been a very good release. This brings our selection of micro kits to 30 (if you count the V2 as two and the crayons as three...)

Still, a large selection. Hope to add 2-3 more in the coming months :)

Over the last couple days I've had a chance to open and build my Bumper-Wac (V2-Varient) Fliskit MX-027.

As has been my experience with all Jim's Kits this one is exceptional as the Nosecone and Boattail are both 3D printed. As with all 3D printed products there are Slight Lines and little divits here and there that need a bit of Medium CA to fill and some 320 grit sanding to smooth out the little ridges. NO BIG deal at all.
That Said; to make this little kit into a decent 1:119.48 Scale project there are a few little details that can be added to make the model pop.

Jim includes in the instructions to make the model closer to Scale cut down the provided BT-5 Body tube by 1.67" and it works out very close.

Shaping the Tiny TTW 1/32" basswood laser cut fins with a tapered V leading and tailing edge does take a little time and effort to get the angles.
Scribing in the steering vane fin tips is pretty easy with the tip of a shape needle or back edge of your #11 X-acto blade. Be Careful not to scribe to deep. Adding the fin tip liners can be done with .020" styrene rod. I used a 320 grit glit-stick to round both ends after CAing the rods to the fin tips just behind the steering vanes.

To add interest to the nose mounted Wac .010" styrene rod Wireways were added to opposite sides and the tiny aero diamonds cut from .060" styrene half rounds. These were then CA applied and reduced in thickness by about 1/3 rounding and shaping with 320grit 1/4" wide glit-stick sanding belts.

Jim provided a 1/2" single micro launch lug which I cut into two 3/16" lugs installing one in a fin-body joint with the forward just ahead of the CG.

As is my preferrence: I replaced the provided 1/2" x 10" streamer with 1/2" x 10" Yellow PTFE (Teflon) Thread sealing tape Streamer/Wadding combo and lengthened the provided shock-line with 36" of 70lb braided Kevlar.

The Model is downstairs to be primed and painted.

A super quick build. This Model went together in one evening and is another example of the superb quality of every single product I've seen coming from Fliskits. Keep em Coming Jim!
Your Kits are the best!

I'll post some build photos as soon as I can get them sorted and captioned. If you need a source for the detaining I'll also upload a photo of the Bumper-Wac pages from ROTW. Peter did a great job getting the measurements and locations of these little details and all the color schemes for the various rounds flown.

Very happy with this Kit! It sure saved me a lot of time custom turning the Nose, Wac and Boattail. KUDO's Jim GREAT JOB!

MM 409uc01a1_Bumper-Wac (Fliskit MX-027)Instructions-a_03-06-15.jpg

MM 409uc01a2_Bumper-Wac (Fliskit MX-027) instructions-b_03-06-15.jpg

MM 409uc01b1_Bumper-Wac ROWT Detail Dwg Pg_03-07-15.jpg

MM 409uc01b2_Bumper-Wac ROWT Detail Paint Patterns_03-07-15.jpg

MM 409uc01c2_Bumper-Wax (Fliskit) LaserCut .032in Fins Before Shaping_03-06-15.JPG

MM 409uc02_Bumper-Wax (Fliskit) WaterSlide Decals Sheet_03-06-15.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the remaining Build Photos with closeups of the added styrene details.
Hopefully I'll be able to get downstairs in the next day or two to Primer, sand and paint soon.

MM 409uc03_Bumper-Wac (Fliskit) 3D printed Nose & Tail Cones_03-06-15.JPG

MM 409uc04_Bumper-Wac Tailcone-Fins with Styrene details_03-06-15.jpg

MM 409uc05a_Bumper-Wac 3D Printed NC & Stryene add-on details_03-07-15.JPG

MM 409uc05b_Bumper-Wac 3D printed NC &Styrene details_03-07-15.JPG

MM 409uc06_Bumper-Wac Split Launch Lug in Fin-Body Joint_03-07-15.JPG

MM 409uc07_Bumper-Wac (FlisKit MX-027) Ready for Primer_03-07-15.jpg

Way KEWL Jim:
just put in my order for the Bumper-Wac. Great looking kit. That's another of the Micro Scale models I can check off my list:)

Really Micro? Even though they feature TTW and Basswood???:confused::confused::confused::confused: Not to mention the 3D Printed parts.
I guess it's ok when Jim overbuilds but not us regular folk.
I'm surprised you were not quick to call him the "Bane of the Hobby", which by your standards he clearly is.
I think I'm done with you now Micro. Welcome to my ignore list.:wink:

And that said, I think I'd like to get one of these, as I appreciate overbuilt tiny models.

While I do believe the TTW fins on this model were unnecessary, they in themselves do not add that much particularly if they are trimmed off to the minimum needed as was done on this model.
The 3D printed parts make this model Lighter then if they had been solid balsa and I have always used Basswood over Balsa for its superior finishing with LESS filler and other crap needed to get a nearly perfectly smooth finish.

The Micro V-2 and/or Bumper-Wac models ARE NOT overbuilt as most of the fiberglassed projectiles you so often show as LPR Models always are.
Let me say this again so there is NO Misunderstanding between us: While I do Not intend my Opinion to be Mean or hurtful to any individual , "Overbuilding" as mentioned many times before is the BANE of Model Rocketry..Taking a half Century old, Very Safe Hobby into Very Dangerous practices. ALL of which are totally unnecessary.
While ON your property, you can build and fly any darn thing you like but, and I Say BUT! You should NOT be trying to tell people this is the best way to build your everyday LPR or even MPR Model Rockets that will be flown in or on public land at PUBLIC Launches where the average modeler and more importantly spectators that are not paying proper attention to the launching of models can possibly be impaled by one of those Fiberglassed flying lances.
My Problem with Overbuilding is it is NOT safe for the general public and shouldn't be tought as good practice. We can agree to disagree on this but model rocketry is only as safe as we allow it to be. Don't over-build, If you insist on overbuilding Then don't try to tell the world it's a perfectly fine practice... it simply is NOT.

Last edited:
The 3D printed parts came about as the result of there being no cone makers capable of making such a small tail cone with a hole up the center, out of balsa. So without 3D parts, this kit wouldn't exist. As for TTW fins, that comes free when settling on 3D tail cones, so why not. Basswood fins? Being a stubby rocket with plastic parts this was to protect the fins from harder landings. Plus there is a low yield issue when trying to cut 1/32" balsa. You will note that all of our micros with 1/32" thick laser cut fins are done in basswood for this reason.

In any event, I'm proud of this addition to our fleet. More fun Micro to the MAXX kits coming soon :)

Back