Ramjet re-due

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been almost a year since my last post, sorry to say this build is still in storage. A lot has happened in the past year, my family and I did move but we are now looking to buy, hopefully with in the next few months we will have a home and I can get back to rebuilding the ramjet.

Weird timing. I was just wondering about this over the weekend. I may throw my hat in an building a 5.5" Ram Jet!

Well it's been almost a year since my last post, sorry to say this build is still in storage. A lot has happened in the past year, my family and I did move but we are now looking to buy, hopefully with in the next few months we will have a home and I can get back to rebuilding the ramjet.

Weird timing. I was just wondering about this over the weekend. I may throw my hat in an building a 5.5" Ram Jet!

Just curious - is the ramjet you're both speaking of based on a particular kit with that name or is it a scratch built downscale of an actual ramjet ? I came across this image of the Typhon missile from the early 1960s, on the White Sands Museum website. The Typhon had a ramjet sustainer: <<https://www.wsmr-history.org/Typhon1.htm>>

est1994_.gif
Estes kit from 1994.

Yeah, that's the one. It's actually kit #1994 but was available in the late 80's to who knows when. I was probably 10 at the time and my dad actually built it. I seem to recall launching it on a C6-5 only to lose it in a tree :(.

Back