Interceptor N to fly at LDRS 29

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bondo

Reaction score
Punk Rocket Science is pleased to announce that our 2008 project, Interceptor "M" will fly again as Interceptor "N" at LDRS 29 next month!!

We have outfitted the bird with a few structural upgrades since its last flight at Plaster Blaster 7. She will have a new paint job as well as a brand new set of vinyl from Stickershock.

For those of you that missed the original build, here is the link to the TRF archive file: https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/...ad.php?t=42635
We will be flying without booster this time.

We have the go ahead from the LDRS 29 management to launch an N motor in CA, we are stoked!!! We are looking at the Cesaroni N4100 RedLine motor!!
Our planned launch window looks like Sat, June 12 mid day. Hope you all will stop by to say hey & have a cold pop or two........

It's good to get the old girl out of the hanger... Thanks to Bondo (and his ever patient wife!) for the use of his garage for the refurbishment. Here are some pics of the new paint and decals. Thanks to Stickershock for the awesome and super fast work!

One quick correction... The motor will be the CTI Pro98 N3180 Red Lightning. This time there WILL be on board video! PRS has always had terrible luck with video, but this time we will have multiple redundancy! A minimum of 4 keychain cams will be mounted to the airframe! From that many we have to get something....

web_6998.jpg

web_6997.jpg

web_6999.jpg

web_6996.jpg

Outstanding!:D Sure wish I could be there to see it in person though!:mad:

Best of luck on the flight!:headbang:

I'll be there and from 1 - 3 Saturday afternoon I'll be working as the spotter. If you launch in that window I'll be sure to see it. It's going to be a great weekend!

The old Girl looks good guys...Now I wish i had sprung for the Chrome LED's. Does the "scanner" still work? That is defiantly a cool factor multiplier. wish I could be there to see her go. D@#n you Hawaii why do you have to be so far away!!!

RocketMonkey, yes, we tested all the lights & they all still work! Even the scanner lights. Wish you could be here too!

Neutron, no we will not be using the booster on this flight. The N factor will be enough for us to manage on this flight. We do still have the booster available and plan to use it at some point.........maybe Balls next year? (PRS memebers, that's a hint, hint!)

LOOKING GOOD PRS.

cant wait to see her fly!

Don't forget to get me a picture of you and your crew with the rocket BEFORE the flight... LOL

Bandmann, final attachment locations are still being worked out. Once Todd has that worked out I'm sure he will post a couple pictures.

LOOKING GOOD PRS.

cant wait to see her fly!

Don't forget to get me a picture of you and your crew with the rocket BEFORE the flight... LOL

Thanks Mark!

I seem to remember seeing that you are going to have a booth at LDRS... Do you want us to leave our baby with you for a bit to show off your work?

Thanks Mark!

I seem to remember seeing that you are going to have a booth at LDRS... Do you want us to leave our baby with you for a bit to show off your work?

It would make an AWESOME backdrop while discovery is filming... I'll make some room if you like!

Dude, I see your R2D2 in the back of one of those photos... Whats up with that. I have ALWAYS wanted to fly a full size R2..

It would make an AWESOME backdrop while discovery is filming... I'll make some room if you like!

Dude, I see your R2D2 in the back of one of those photos... Whats up with that. I have ALWAYS wanted to fly a full size R2..

Hey... If you can hook me up to meet Kari Byron (who is rumored to be doing the interviews) I'll carry the Interceptor up there on my back! Total drooling fan boy... But really, we expect to be up there by mid-day Friday and would be happy to drop it off for a while.

Bondo picked up the R2D2 cooler a couple years back when we built the Y-Wing. The thing is a monster and would have to be completely gutted to get it down to flight weight. Unforutnately R2's dome was a casualty of the Plaster City winds... It blew off and cracked...

Hey... If you can hook me up to meet Kari Byron (who is rumored to be doing the interviews) I'll carry the Interceptor up there on my back! Total drooling fan boy... But really, we expect to be up there by mid-day Friday and would be happy to drop it off for a while.

Bondo picked up the R2D2 cooler a couple years back when we built the Y-Wing. The thing is a monster and would have to be completely gutted to get it down to flight weight. Unforutnately R2's dome was a casualty of the Plaster City winds... It blew off and cracked...

THey have a couple of crews coming out for filming. I actually interviewed with Kristin. so I don't know if I can hook you up.. but For another Rocket scientist I'll do what I can LOL

I tell you what, IF you bring the R2 unit. I'll take it home, and I promise I will do whatever it takes to get him in the air!

It's good to get the old girl out of the hanger... Thanks to Bondo (and his ever patient wife!) for the use of his garage for the refurbishment. Here are some pics of the new paint and decals. Thanks to Stickershock for the awesome and super fast work!

One quick correction... The motor will be the CTI Pro98 N3180 Red Lightning. This time there WILL be on board video! PRS has always had terrible luck with video, but this time we will have multiple redundancy! A minimum of 4 keychain cams will be mounted to the airframe! From that many we have to get something....

Looks awesome!!! Can't wait to see it in person! What's the planned flight schedule? Can I be your guy's official photo stalker (again)? (Bender, Futurama reference.)

Looks awesome!!! Can't wait to see it in person! What's the planned flight schedule? Can I be your guy's official photo stalker (again)? (Bender, Futurama reference.)

Of course you can... We allow only the best stalkers to follow us!

We're looking at a Sat, Jun 12 launch, hopefully around noon or a bit before.

StickerShock, I think I'll have to hold onto my R2D2 unless we can come up with an equitable trade??????

I know the unit with shipping put me back about $200 at the time a few years ago. (as I remember the shipping was more than the unit cost due to its size!)
I know PRS will have a project next season so maybe we could make a deal for some free vinyl work? Or I might be up to building a 8-10inch size Bomarc that would need some vinyl........

I know the unit with shipping put me back about $200 at the time a few years ago. (as I remember the shipping was more than the unit cost due to its size!)
I know PRS will have a project next season so maybe we could make a deal for some free vinyl work? Or I might be up to building a 8-10inch size Bomarc that would need some vinyl........

That sounds like the kind of deal I can do! IF you have room bring it to LDRS.
If you don't It's in Cali somewhere correct? We can work it out later!

Sounds like we have a deal. I have a "toy hauler" style trailer that I'm bringing the Interceptor up with so I should have plenty of room for R2D2. I look forward to meeting you in person. And I think we'll be displaying the Interceptor in your booth Fri after our arrival, no? See you soon, Rick (Bondo)

Sounds like we have a deal. I have a "toy hauler" style trailer that I'm bringing the Interceptor up with so I should have plenty of room for R2D2. I look forward to meeting you in person. And I think we'll be displaying the Interceptor in your booth Fri after our arrival, no? See you soon, Rick (Bondo)

Done DEAL!!! Yep bring the interceptor over we will display it with pride!

If you have the damaged "LID" for the R2 bring it if you can. I can use it as a mold..

Look forward to meeting you guys in person. come by the campfire and we'll tell rocket stories!

Its been a pleasure doing business with you ..

Jawa1.jpg

Last edited:
Pictured is the new & improved Interceptor N before & after loading in trailer for trip to LDRS. Can't wait to actually get on the road .....

Interceptor N.1.JPG

Interceptor N.2.JPG

Scottie, where are you? you're gonna miss all the fun...............

Scottie, where are you? you're gonna miss all the fun...............

We will have to have a icy cold adult malted beverage in honor of all the Punk Rocket Scientists who can make the launch... :cheers: The Fat Tire ballast is waiting for loading in it's protective transport media...

Back