Threads that are blatant political spam/propaganda should not be locked, but DELETED

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JStarStar

Reaction score
I come to TRF to get away from bat-brained wingnut emails, not to read more of them.

I agree 110%.
This is the only forum I've never been banned from, and that's because we don't discuss Politics here.

I locked the thread. Give it a rest. If you email me and the thread is truly political, I will lock it.

Yeah, I do not come here for political garbage.

And for good reason TRF rule #1 bans politics. Period. Not just "Threads" but ALL POSTS. Period.

What is the point of LOCKING a thread that has posts made by people who have broken TRF rules? You are REWARDING them by keeping their offensive ILLEGAL posts and not allowing anyone to refute their crap,

You should DELETE THE POSTS by the individuals who break the rules against political posts, and put them on probation towards banning if they keep on breaking the rules

Otherwise this just keeps happening over and over and over and over and over and over. Because the people who INSIST on doing it don't even get a wrist slap. So they just continue on other threads later.

It's a garbage sloppy way of "moderating".

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
Honest to God, I have no idea why anyone would agree to be a moderator.

When did we as a society lose our ability to roll our eyes at things we find ridiculous, and just move on? If you can't stand to even listen to people who have a different view than you just turn on the TV or go on the internet and find which ever group of talking heads appeals to you and just nod your head and smile in the glow of your perfect correctness.

Do I come to TRF for politics, no. Does the politics that crops up here ruin my time here, no. Have I had an argument with someone who I absolutely disagree with on a subject that could be considered political here before? Yes, and the next week we launched rockets together. I actually consider him a genuinely good dude, even if i don't agree with everything he thinks and says...novel right?

Damn I wish pragmatism weren't so very dead.

God help you Chuck, you are in my prayers.

EDIT: Oh, and I am very much in favor of locking instead of deleting except in WAY OVER TOP cases. I'm not into deleting things, just makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I missed whatever was in the now locked thread. It's kinda like that stupid Kim Jung Un/Sony Hacked movie thingy. Now that it's available, I lost interest! :rofl:

Rocket people are sooooo sensitive.:rant::rofl::rant::rofl::rant::rofl:

I appreciate the prohibition on political discussions. I also fly RC and RC Groups went downhill fast when they opened up a politics forum. Non-modelers joined just for the politics. Arguments broke out and promptly spilled out into the other forums.

Here, the only mild nusience I've seen are the "Chronicles of Reddit" who gets banned and comes back with a new sock account.

Isn't this the sort of thread you are kvetching about?

Honest to God, I have no idea why anyone would agree to be a moderator.

When did we as a society lose our ability to roll our eyes at things we find ridiculous, and just move on? If you can't stand to even listen to people who have a different view than you just turn on the TV or go on the internet and find which ever group of talking heads appeals to you and just nod your head and smile in the glow of your perfect correctness.

Do I come to TRF for politics, no. Does the politics that crops up here ruin my time here, no. Have I had an argument with someone who I absolutely disagree with on a subject that could be considered political here before? Yes, and the next week we launched rockets together. I actually consider him a genuinely good dude, even if i don't agree with everything he thinks and says...novel right?

Damn I wish pragmatism weren't so very dead.

God help you Chuck, you are in my prayers.

EDIT: Oh, and I am very much in favor of locking instead of deleting except in WAY OVER TOP cases. I'm not into deleting things, just makes me uncomfortable.

Locking is better. It allows the thread to serve as an example of what not to do.

Thanks for the support. I have many reservations about becoming a moderator and the hostility is why many quite. I don't see a lot of the critics stepping up to volunteer.

The moderators are great and under-appreciated.

However I do not understand why people are so vehemently against subjects that other people want to talk about. In my view this forum is community of rocket people not just rocket talk. The trouble with political subjects is that the discussion often turns uncivil. I guess banning political topics assumes that our community cannot discuss the subject without turning ugly, so the choice is to ban the topic as a prophylactic. I can live with that but it is sad.

This thread should probably be locked...

I will follow your suggestion and lock it. I will leave it for other moderators to review for the suggestions within but I do not see much positive coming from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back