A Conversation With Vern & Gleda

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
This seemed to be an appropriate category to post this in. This little jewel got daisy chained down to me today, and it was a really good watch. I enjoyed every minute. I would like to point out, that it's nearly 120 minutes of video, so you might want to save it, and post your feelings and thoughts on it when you can.

There are three areas in this video of particular interest to me. Most, I already knew. You will see, that Vern, refers to rocket engines AND motors. No surprise there. The debate is settled. It's either-or.

Vern, very clearly pronounces the Estes name as ESS TESS, not ESS TEASE, even though a guest's appearance, pronounces it in the latter. No surprise there either. I'm sure he's over it.

Pay close attention to the hazard pieces. One is about the Mable failure, and the other during the Q&A segment near the end where Vern explains where having model rocketry was safer, than not having it. And it's true.

Enjoy

[video=youtube;sLn8UX2UYaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLn8UX2UYaQ[/video]

Two of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.
My favorite moment was watching them at a distance holding hands while walking towards the contest range in Aurora, OH.
It just completely summed them up from my perspective.

John

I had the pleasure of being in the front row in the William Allen Theater at the Museum of Flight that day....fun stuff indeed.

Agreed on them being some of the nicest folks you would ever hope to meet. I'm very much looking forward to their visit back out here were we dedicate the hobby rocketry exhibit at the Museum of Flight during NARCON next month.

Latest posts

Back