Rejected Reality 7.5" Rocket Build!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, maybe we need another picture... :p

Big butts are definitely not "my cup of tea." I'll go with Jessica Biel...

CTwQUwW.gif

But no farther :no:

Today I received 50' of 1" Tubular Nylon from strapworks. I have to say, they are a great company. Anyways, I also have received the following items the last few days: 1515 Rail Buttons, US Composites thick epoxy system, fumed silica, chopped fiberglass strand (not sure if I will use it or not for internals though. once all the parts are in my hands I will post more updates with pictures.

I haven't had an update in a little while but I cut out the fins. Tomorrow I am cutting out the rings, making BT cuts, and cutting bulkheads.

Pics to come later but yesterday I was able to cut out 3 centering rings, and the needed bulkheads for my AV bay.

What do you mean "Pics to come later"? We want pics now!

What do you mean "Pics to come later"? We want pics now!
Okay, Okay fine... I guess I do need to satisfy the wants.... :) There is an extra ring in that pile but that's everything... I just need to get U-Bolts and I can start building.

BBT Rings.jpg

Way to be Connor, posting the picture while I was busy doing the same thing... :no::no::no:

There are some other guys here who use a router to cut centering rings and bulkheads. But for me, using hole saws and my lathe has been working fine. Yours turned out great, BTW.

Alright, building of da Big Boo-tay commenced at around 4:00PM EST. :)

The first event in tonights sequence was weighing all the parts and imputing the weights into OpenRocket in order to get a more precise simulation for this beast.

Next, I tacked on the aft CR with CA because while dry-fitting the fins, I noticed I was having issues with the MMT moving around.

SAM_3218.jpg

Next, I put the first fin in it's location and used CA to tack in place.
SAM_3219.jpg
And... finally, I repeated with the remaining 3 fins.
SAM_3220.jpgSAM_3222.jpg

This is all I could do tonight.... I am hoping that I will get U-Bolts before work so I can install the forward CR and begin internal fillets!

Back