BALLS 24

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I updated the registration list and sent it to Tom to be posted to the BALLS website.
It is also posted on the TRA Forum at Tripoli.org
Robert V your name is on the list.

M

Dropped my registration in the mail yesterday. This will be my first trip to the playa and even though I plan to bring a few rockets, will mostly be a spectator trying not to get lost or stuck. 20150808_185146_resized.jpg

Registration went in the mail Friday.

Can't wait! Fingers crossed for clear skies and better weather this year...

Has anyone heard back on their 50,000 foot plus project approval yet? I sent information to Kent Newman back in June, pinged him a couple of times since, and haven't heard anything. It's 45 days to BALLS tomorrow and that's the deadline for submission.

Registration went in the mail yesterday. My first trip out as well. First cross country drive on top of that.

2nd the hoping for clear skies and calm winds!

Looking to bring my 7.5" HAWK out for level 3 cert flight anything special you need from me? Registration will be headed your way this coming week and I believe both my TAPS will be onsite.

Nothing else needed.
I would recommend being ready to launch as early as possible. If the weather is good launch, at Black Rock it can turn on you in a hurry.

M

Oh yeah. I'm an old veteran of The Rock and BALLS. 2013 we had the same HAWK flying an L1350 and the year before we attempted to rip the fins off a PML Pitbull with an L900. We almost succeeded. We've met I'm usually set up right next to Jack G with the yellow Hummer.

Bay Area Rockety is the vendor at BALLS.
LAST DAY TO ORDER FOR BALLS DELIVERY IS MONDAY AUGUST 24, 2015

Has anyone heard back on their 50,000 foot plus project approval yet? I sent information to Kent Newman back in June, pinged him a couple of times since, and haven't heard anything. It's 45 days to BALLS tomorrow and that's the deadline for submission.
I just received the list of Class 3 approvals. The 50k list is to be sent "shortly".

M

List updated on TRA forum and BALLS website August 26

Check spelling . If you want a different name, example Robert to Bob, email me

We have no insects or other vermin pre registered.
If they show they will have to pay the range fee, leave or be removed by the BLM

...or be removed by the BLM.
*squash!*

2 questions, Mark - first, what is the rule for in-camp RSO approvals? Can we "page" people from the LCO desk, or...?
Second, what are the waiver times for each day?

what is the rule for in-camp RSO approvals?

I was lucky enough to get one for my coaxial flight attempt. One of those "I gotta see this" moments. My current version looks even weirder. Saving it for 2016.

Come by the registration table, we will send some to inspect.

I believe the paper says 7:00 to sunset. We keep it open weather dependent . No one is ever ready in the morning when they say they will be. We typically open the range at 8

M

Last edited:
Come by the registration table, we will send some to inspect.

I believe the paper says 7:00 to sunset. We keep it open weather dependent . No one is ever ready in the morning when they say they will be. We typically open the range at 8

M
Thanks Mark - I am bringing a heavy rocket to fly and want to avoid hauling out to the LCO desk if at all possible. I also know of several guys who want to launch as soon as the sun rises!

We have a wireless system.
Closest pads are at 500'
Another bank at 1000'
Far at 2000'
Away cells 2500 and farther.

M

We plan on going this year, paperwork should be going out in the next couple days.

This is one of my dream events to go to. :) Maybe some year :rofl:

Back