MarsaNet available Jan 1 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jderimig

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Marsa4 no, Marsa54 yes later. But Kurt, you really want a 54L to add to your portfolio.

Well there's a good reason to stay sober on New Year's eve. That way I can get in on the buy on 1/1...'

The buy will be good for at least several days after the 1st, so party on.....

JD said:
Any idea of the distance limitations of it; 20 ft, 50 ft???.'

Guaranteed at least 60ft in free air.

FredA said:

Fred, thanks to you for the encouragement to proceed on this project.

Last edited:
So I should wait till then to order?:wink: Kurt
Yes you will have to wait.

Kurt I can make a kit version for you since you are now fond of soldering altimeters together. However it will cost a bit more because I will have to unsolder some components for you......

Yes you will have to wait.

Kurt I can make a kit version for you since you are now fond of soldering altimeters together. However it will cost a bit more because I will have to unsolder some components for you......

:rofl:
John, you made my day!

John, can I 'pair' a Marsa54L through the bridge to a Pyro module at home, set everything up, and then at then field when both are powered back up the pairing and settings are automatic? Or, would I need to pair them up at the field with uninterrupted power from the pairing completion?

And, I see the Pyro module has it's own battery. Will it have enough juice for igniters in an airstart setup?

Mark,

There is no "pairing" required as with Bluetooth. The network addresses are hardcoded. Just powerup and go.

The MrfPyro will easily source 10A for airstarts.

Last edited:
Very cool John, looking forward to checking these out. Will the telemetry also transmit gps location data when gps equipped?

Jerry

Jerry, yes, if there is a GPS "server" on the network the GPS data will be sent down along with the altimeter data. Additionally the GPS data will be used the Marsa54L when in Kalman mode for apogee event determination.

Last edited:
This is great news, I'll plan to give it (most probably the ham unit if available) a ride in a planned 50k' Balls flight this year. Thanks John!

Jerry, yes, if there is a GPS "server" on the network the GPS data will be sent down along with the altimeter data. Additionally the GPS data will be used the Marsa54L when in Kalman mode for apogee event determination.

Darn no bundle offer for those who already own a MARSA 54L.

Darn no bundle offer for those who already own a MARSA 54L.

That's coming later with the firmware update release. Don't worry, existing customers won't be punished.

Bundle ordered ... I am really excited to get these very sophisticated products here in Germany!

Last edited:
Waiting ever so patiently now for the "loyal customers" bundle...

The firmware upgrade for existing units is a little more tricky. It takes the number of programmable channels from 5 up to 9 where some of that info is in eeprom. Just taking a little more time to make sure the the update process is right.

The firmware upgrade for existing units is a little more tricky. It takes the number of programmable channels from 5 up to 9 where some of that info is in eeprom. Just taking a little more time to make sure the the update process is right.

In that case I am way more than OK if you take the time you need to get it right...

Happy 2015 to all and those who have ordered today.

Response has been more than I expected and I am out of stock in the limited initial production run.

However, the bundle pricing will remain for at least another day and will fill orders on first in first out basis with the next production run in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks to everyone!

Last edited:
Back