Rail Button Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford Prefect

Wondering Hitchhiker
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am wondering if I need the Large Railbuttons on my kit or will the normal ones work. It's gonna weigh in at around 13.5 pounds at lift off.

Thanks

Cj

I am wondering if I need the Large Railbuttons on my kit or will the normal ones work. It's gonna weigh in at around 13.5 pounds at lift off.

Thanks

Cj

I've flown 600lb thrust motors in a 35 lb rocket off a 1020 rail with standard buttons. You're nowhere close to the limit. I'd say the cutoff for me is around 40lbs, or if large sideloads are expected (such as my upscale Deuces Wild if only one of the motors lights).

Ditto what cjl said....

I use regular ones on M motors and 35-40 lb rockets. They are rated to 70lbs, but at that point rocket size usually takes over.

Ditto what cjl said....

I use regular ones on M motors and 35-40 lb rockets. They are rated to 70lbs, but at that point rocket size usually takes over.

Usually I wouldn't take advice from a guy with Crazy in his nickname, but I have watched you fly...

Thanks to both of you for getting back to me, It make me feel better about my ST Launch.

Cj

The 'Crazy' in his nickname comes from the WAY he flies not HOW..Like stuffing a 54/2560 case in his Gizmo!:eek:..His techniques are far from crazy..Though some other things he does ARE crazy!:roll:

Set your rocket up so you can install whatever rail guides you need for the field you're flying at.

I don't really see how any field would require 15 series buttons on a 13 pound rocket.

Back