Can someone measure Wildman's thin wall tubing for me?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisAttebery

Reaction score
Since my kits aren't here yet I'd like to machine some adapters. I need an accurate ID (calipers are good enough) of the 38 and 54mm tubing.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,
I just tried to measure for you. I kept getting odd readings that didn't make sense. Then I checked my calipers and found they are slipping. Dang, looks like they've finally worn out and I need a new set.

sorry,
s6

Yes, weights and measurements would be useful for simulations.

Kenny

What I do is make the measurements myself when I get the kit or if I really need it beforehand, I write or call the rocket manufacturer. They have always obliged my request.

Ummmmm..... No...All of Wildman tubing is now being manufactured in an Ultra modern facility, utilizing the latest in technology. Not in any way affiliated with Performance or Rocketry Warehouse.

Tolerances are held to a higher standard than previously found in amateur rocketry. Products shipped worldwide for civilian, military and industrial use.
This is no way a derogatory remark about Performance products in any way, they make a fine product, but times & technology change, and so has Wildman's supplier..

As you may have noticed, several changes have been seen in the kits becoming available relating to materials & manufacturing technique. Many more are scheduled to make you, the fliers, happy campers....LOL
Is there a reason you don't mention the name of the company?

Is there a reason you don't mention the name of the company?

It is his choice to keep his source to himself. I can understand it- It seems a sound business decision to me.

That being said, there are a number of manufacturers who make filament and convolute composite tubing. You too can do custom tubing, but be prepared to order a lot of it...and to pay much money.

Stealth6, thanks for trying. I measured my CTI 29 and 54mm cases, so I have a pretty good idea of what the sizes are. I just like to make things as accurately as possible.

I believe the ID is the same between normal and thin wall tubing - the OD is what changes with thin wall. Not sure if that helps any.

Performance Rocketry thinwall dimensions are given in this thread and they fit the new CTI injection molded cones.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...omposites-Thin-Wall-Tubing&highlight=thinwall

Speaking of which, CTI fits the Wildman supplier description from CJ, but I'm not sure why they'd want to bother with fiberglass manufacturing for hobby rocketry... seems like it'd be more of a hassle for them.

As Zebedee mentions, IDs should be close to the same as current tubing to be able to fit the standard motor sizes.

Last edited:
Back