Curry Powder...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onebadhawk

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
If anyone is a fan of dishes made with curry you'll love this one...
There are a million different curry's out there,,
This is the best tasting I've ever had by far...
I like spice..
This is not spicy at all,,
That's the only thing I change when I'm cooking with it,,
I add a little spice..
But the flavor of this curry is just fantastic.....

https://posharpstore.com/en-us/javin-curry-powder-16-oz-p5510.aspx

Teddy

Excellent. I'm a huge curry fan, and finding a new good source is always a good thing. thanks!!

One I've found recently that really surprised me was the Penzey's "Sweet/Mild" Curry. I also generally like my curry relatively hot and "spicy", so I had my doubts about it at first (even though Penzey's stuff is usually quite good). But a relative bought some and made me a dish with it, and it's simply fantastic. I immediately went to Penzey's and bought a big batch - cooked a few dishes with it so far and it's great.

check it out,
s6

Anyone have any good dishes that use habanero peppers, I grew some over the summer and used some to make salsa which turned out really good. I have two left on the vine after bringing the plant inside.

I like spice too...
Not too burn your tongue out of your mouth
but 10 tons of flavor adds up to spicy,,,, that kind of spice...
This curry is not spicy at all...
I wish it was...
But it's the absolutely best tasting curry I've ever had.....

Teddy

Can it be used as an apogee event marker? :)

Now you're going to laugh........
I tried to accomplish that sentiment with marking chalk..........
Marking chalk comes in 5 different grades of permanence.........
I used the purple grade 0 so I could get it off of everything.........
I put a lot of it ( 4 or 6 tablespoons ) into a folded up piece of tissue paper ( very light, biodegradable, before I get beat up, lol ).....
I saw no puff that I was hoping for and although I was able to clean up the mess on everything it was still a small pain in the neck.......

Did that twice,,, no puff,,, then called it an experience.......lol..

Teddy

Now you're going to laugh........
I tried to accomplish that sentiment with marking chalk..........
Marking chalk comes in 5 different grades of permanence.........
I used the purple grade 0 so I could get it off of everything.........
I put a lot of it ( 4 or 6 tablespoons ) into a folded up piece of tissue paper ( very light, biodegradable, before I get beat up, lol ).....
I saw no puff that I was hoping for and although I was able to clean up the mess on everything it was still a small pain in the neck.......

Did that twice,,, no puff,,, then called it an experience.......lol..

Teddy

Oh, I already use the marking chalk. :) I just know how curry powder smells and stains. :)

Oh, I already use the marking chalk. :) I just know how curry powder smells and stains. :)

Dat's pretty funny...
If I knew better then to use permanent marking chalk....
You can take to the bank I ain't putting a staining spice in the rocket.......
I KNOW that's gonna make a mess that isn't coming off so easily......
Plus,,, farmer Joe would be selling "Preseasoned" corn...........lol...

Teddy

Or you could just launch over a rice paddy. :) [video=youtube;0vFEBZd-fHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vFEBZd-fHQ[/video]

Can it be used as an apogee event marker? :)

When it is dispersed/atomized at the proper level, it is like fine Flour in that it is combustible and will simply ignite given a Spark.
I remember a demonstration of this principle on a TV show, and they used Curry Powder to illustrate the Concept.
Think of what happens when a Grain Silo explodes.
Similarly, one of my Combat Engineer friends once showed me how you could use bags of Flour and a small fire on the roof of a building to blow the building up.

[video=youtube;bEShlfxB1Ik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEShlfxB1Ik[/video]

Last edited:
Hhahaha,,,, cool vid...

Awww mannn,,, Billl,,, I just bought a really big jar of commercial brand X Chili powder......

Now ya tell me....... lol...

I woulda bought that in a heart beat,,, it looks really good,, a bit course,, not such a fine powder........
I just bookmarked it,,, Is that Chili powder super spicy ???
I have to wait till I'm done with this big container now....

Teddy

Hhahaha,,,, cool vid...

Awww mannn,,, Billl,,, I just bought a really big jar of commercial brand X Chili powder......

Now ya tell me....... lol...

I woulda bought that in a heart beat,,, it looks really good,, a bit course,, not such a fine powder........
I just bookmarked it,,, Is that Chili powder super spicy ???
I have to wait till I'm done with this big container now....

Teddy

It's not super spicy, but they do have spicy blends. They make several varieties (Pendery's Finest Chile Blends), but I find that Top Hat has the best flavor. For a really good chili, the best process is to do the long slow cook with 2/3 to 3/4 of your chili powder using something like Top Hat and then stir in the remaining amount of chili powder using San Antonio Red after the heat has been removed and just before serving. There are lots of ways to add heat if you want.

Pendery's has been making chili powder for 140 years. They know what they are doing.

When it is dispersed/atomized at the proper level, it is like fine Flour in that it is combustible and will simply ignite given a Spark.
I remember a demonstration of this principle on a TV show, and they used Curry Powder to illustrate the Concept.
Think of what happens when a Grain Silo explodes.
Similarly, one of my Combat Engineer friends once showed me how you could use bags of Flour and a small fire on the roof of a building to blow the building up.

[video=youtube;bEShlfxB1Ik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEShlfxB1Ik[/video]

Wow Top,,
It is just amazing how thoroughly material like corn starch or grain dust ignites...
It's so energetic... I wouldn't expect any vaporized fossil fuel to burn any quicker,, or so it looks anyway...

By the way,,,
Thank you very much for your service Top......

Teddy

It's not super spicy, but they do have spicy blends. They make several varieties (Pendery's Finest Chile Blends), but I find that Top Hat has the best flavor. For a really good chili, the best process is to do the long slow cook with 2/3 to 3/4 of your chili powder using something like Top Hat and then stir in the remaining amount of chili powder using San Antonio Red after the heat has been removed and just before serving. There are lots of ways to add heat if you want.

Pendery's has been making chili powder for 140 years. They know what they are doing.

Bill that's hysterical,,
I just poked around that site,, very cool site,,, and they sell skin cream / balm..........
That's because after handling some of that stuff you're going to need something soothing to calm your skin down....lol...

Teddy

Back