Rockets "R" Us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiley

Reaction score
How's Rockets "R" Us doing these days? I've never ordered anything from them, but from the looks of what others have said, I'm a little wary of doing so. I sure hope they're shipping people's orders; they seem to have lots of nice goodies.

How's Rockets "R" Us doing these days? I've never ordered anything from them, but from the looks of what others have said, I'm a little wary of doing so. I sure hope they're shipping people's orders; they seem to have lots of nice goodies.

Please search the forum. There's at least one recent thread on this

This is not useful advice. Go ahead and try to search for it. Essentially, you will search for the word "rockets".

You cannot search for "rockets 'R' us". It will only search for "rockets" because the it limits searches to words 3 letters or more. The engine will ignore the rest.

I know you find it annoying, but try to be helpful. Maybe directing them to the other threads if you can find them. I tried to find them myself, but I gave up after 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Someone on the TRA mailing list was just complaining about their service this week.

When it comes down to it, don't do business with them.
There are other Vendors here who have better business practices and can get you the same products.

Ah, I see. It was just nice that he has both EX chems and casting tubes on his site, unlike so many others out there. RCS has the E744 I'm looking for, but no casting tubes to fit Trucore hardware. This ultimately means paying a bunch for shipping from different vendors.

So be nice and support more then one vendor . A couple dollars here and there should not be the ultimate deciding factor if you are doing ex .

Eric

This is not useful advice. Go ahead and try to search for it. Essentially, you will search for the word "rockets".

You cannot search for "rockets 'R' us". It will only search for "rockets" because the it limits searches to words 3 letters or more. The engine will ignore the rest.

I know you find it annoying, but try to be helpful. Maybe directing them to the other threads if you can find them. I tried to find them myself, but I gave up after 20 minutes.

Searching most forums (not just this) is usually an exercise in futility, for the reasons you mentioned. People would be far better off doing what you did, which is trying Google, with more than one set of search terms, based on the results they get...

...or, as you point out, if you know of a particular thread, just direct the person to it.

This ultimately means paying a bunch for shipping from different vendors.

This would still be the case from one vendor. Liners are very long and won't fit a box with chemicals, and some chemicals have to be in different boxes to legally ship them anyway.

Last edited:

The search engine sucks for this forum, rarely does it yield helpful results. However a few minutes scrolling through the vendors thread would have given the information.

That said I have had only good results with Rockets R Us, although they have had issues recently.

TA

I made the mistake of buying from a poorly rated vendor in MI, that had what I wanted at a fair price, and knowing that dissatisfied people are the most vocal. I got my stuff...one piece at a time over 3 months. Won't deal with them again.

Sorry, Chuck... trying to be helpful without interjecting my personal opinion......
there was a point where his service was amazing, but times have changed. Wish it weren't so.

Not offended. I just tried to follow you advice and search and went back 4 pages without success. My intent was not to be harsh but to remind everyone that searching is not as easy as you think.

Would the forum be able to make searching like it used to be at the onset of the internet? Remember when you wanted a string in that order and only wanted it to show the string exactly the way you typed it "word+word+word" I too have noticed that the searching does little to parse the results.

Don't order! I placed one in early December. No response at all. Got my PayPal payment back. Very simply, avoid like the plague! There are better vendors.

Mike

My parents unwittingly ordered from Danny in early December, intending for it to be a Christmas present to me, but the order wasn't shipping and there was no response to email or phone. Finally, after 10 days, they sicced Paypal on him. Paypal issued a formal threat, and suddenly Danny was fully communicative, saying that the order was all boxed up and ready to ship. By this time, I knew of the issues people were having with Rockets R Us, and relayed it to my parents. They then chose to cancel the order and got a full refund, so it turned out ok, but there was no intention to ship anything until Payal intervened.

Last edited:
I have never had an order go bad with them, but have had a few rip offs from others.

Be careful but please keep the thread professional.

Back