• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

How To Get The "Free" Prefix? (FIXED!) Works

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
The only choices I can see where you choose a Prefix in this section are "For Sale" "Wanted" and "SOLD!"
I sometimes have stuff for "Free!", and have seen others use that as a Prefix.

If I don't select one of the three available Prefixes, It won't let me post the "New Thread".:confused:

Last edited:
When you made your post, just above where you put in your title, there should be a drop down box called" prefix". I think it says none or something like that by default. It shows up on my iphone, not sure why you dont see it??

When you made your post, just above where you put in your title, there should be a drop down box called" prefix". I think it says none or something like that by default. It shows up on my iphone, not sure why you dont see it??

As I said, that Box does not include "FREE!".
The choices again, "(No Prefix)", Which results in and Error Message when you try to submit the Thread.
"For Sale"
"Wanted"
"SOLD!"

In my Title, I selected the "Wanted" Prefix.

As I said, that Box does not include "FREE!".
The choices again, "(No Prefix)", Which results in and Error Message when you try to submit the Thread.
"For Sale"
"Wanted"
"SOLD!"

In my Title, I selected the "Wanted" Prefix.

Strange.

Can we add "Done Deal" to that list also?

JD

That would be asking for something new. The "FREE!" Prefix does exist, as I saw it used recently on a Thread about Decals and Scrabble.
How did he do that I ask? Did he PM a Mod to get it?
What you are asking for I have never seen before as a Prefix.

That would be asking for something new. The "FREE!" Prefix does exist, as I saw it used recently on a Thread about Decals and Scrabble.
How did he do that I ask? Did he PM a Mod to get it?
What you are asking for I have never seen before as a Prefix.

It used to be there. Probably got removed for some reason; or maybe it's just a glitch with the forum. I'd Just shoot Austin a PM asking about it.

I'd like to see [Trade] or [Swap] added to the list.

Agreed! When I posted those Parts recently, I had to use the "For Sale" Prefix. even though I only wanted to trade them.
Then, when I was given the Parts I needed by cavecentral, and went back to Edit the Title in "Go Advanced" to switch the Prefix to "FREE!", I realized that that was not an option, so I think I switched it to "SOLD!".

I don't know what the issue is. Use the pull down menu on the first post in the thread available under Go Advanced edit (see attached).

ScreenCap.jpg

Everyone should have access to it

I can't look into it from here; someone remind mean Monday and I will take a look

-Kevin

I think someone has been busy. Mine now has the options; For Sale, Wanted, Sold, Found, and Free.

I also only get 3 prefixes (for sale, wanted, sold). I'm using Google Chrome browser version 39.0.2171.95

Oh well, I don't care anymore about the "Why" of it.
Next time I have a Free thing I'll just list it "For Sale" and include "FREE!" in the Title.
Ya'll will figure it out.

Back