Questions on a nose cone....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re-Bar Ricky

Reaction score
Hello all - I am working on gathering parts for a clone of the Estes Scorpius #1375, and I have a question about the nose cone. It is a PNC-50X, Estes part #071010 which is included in several different kits. I looked through threads on the forum already and I couldn't find the answer to this one. This nose cone was in the #1282 Photon Disruptor kit, which is an older kit. I have one of the newer Photon Disruptor kits #3025 which was released a few years ago. Can anyone tell me if these two kits use the same nose cone? I am trying not to open my package unless necessary, and I haven't seen plans on line for the new kit so I can check part numbers. If anyone happens to know and could let me know I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks.......

Last edited:
According to EMRR Rocket Reviews the Photon Disruptor #3025 uses a PNC-55AO.

Yeah the new Photon Disruptor is bigger than the old one.

Unless you are building an upscale Scorpius, you need to look for the cone here:
Kit Number Kit Name
1282 Photon Disruptor
1283 USS Atlantis
1286 Scamp
1329 Multi Roc
1362 The Bat
1372 Alien Explorer

Thanks guys - as I was looking around I saw that the new kit was a PNC-55AO nose cone and didn't even relate that it was a BT55 and not BT50. I will keep searching....thanks!

Latest posts

Back