• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Decals! (Do you like to play Scrabble?)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
Yeah, most would not want these unless somehow they had a mishap with the same rocket and were re-building... But, thinking outside the box and in an effort for someone to use these perfectly good decals (note, US Army shown is "used" but I have a fresh set), could you "play Scrabble" and rearrange the letters to get something else; cut, pull them off, and realign on the contact sheet and apply--maybe? Lettering is pretty generic; maybe you even get funky with your design and do a mix of font types/sizes.

Decals are free, just provide $3.50 to cover postage; oh, and to qualify, share with us what Scrabble word you came up with (assuming you won't be using them "as is"--na, don't be boring!). PM with your submission and post your usage. BTW, for someone that comes up with an application that uses lettering from all three then I'll cover the shipping.

IMG_1488.jpg IMG_1304.jpg IMG_1191.jpg

Last edited:
BArrow-M3N (taken from all 3)

BuBBl3s (the 2 Bs in the middle are going to be 8's, the L will be cut from the M)

I could also screw with the RSO and call it

ABHHRWXRRL
REWHALCEOE
KCUHKEKRWR
YPRHSHABLO

Or, most likely... (this will be going on my 3 inch Darkstar, BTW), I will name it something like:

CNOUYW3AAKKAMKCO3KXO8PWAO8KKKPWWXKYCBUSUXWW (uses every single letter in it. I would love to see the RSO's response.)

This series of numbers, BTW, has a value equal to 1,745,269,756,563,485,224,624,008,442,240,224,828,620,602,220,242,426,822,866,846. :)

Last edited:
I could use it on my sons rocket the black arrow

To use all the decals I would name one - sparrow hawk

Decals go to Mr. Harrison as letters are legitimately used (Matt, I applaud your creativity, but you can't cut up the wooden tiles in Scrabble).

Last edited:
Wait.... you can't? Shoot. That explains how I made that word with 3 Q's and everyone stared at me like I was crazy or something. :p

Not a big problem, though. If I got a card with that on it, I would announce it as an unnamed rocket or (if the crowd was right) come up with a humorous name myself to get back at the "offender".

Up next is Matt's "Cat Walked Across My Keyboard" launching on an E19 going in 5..4..3..2..1.. "woosh" (or more likely "boom")

Up next is Matt's "Cat Walked Across My Keyboard" launching on an E19 going in 5..4..3..2..1.. "woosh" (or more likely "boom")

My Cats do that when I'm Googling for stuff and they somehow manage to lead me to the darndest things sometimes.

Here's todays Catribution:

oooolp 001.jpg

How'd you get the "FREE!" Prefix????

Last edited:
I named a rocket "Orange you glad I didn't name it Banana."

Our LCO got this far and stopped: "Orange you glad I didn't."

I still grin every time our LCO calls out: "Harold: The Purple Crayon Rocket"

Now I'm thinking I should name one: "I can make the LCO say whatever I want; SNARF"

I'm not sure it will fit on the flight card, though.

Back