Stocking up on kits! Did you see the Estes Clearance page lately?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sale has been going on since ~Black Friday. Many have already seen it and posted about it. The prices have been stable for some time (and still are).

Of course if you're looking to get me something for Christmas, I'd really go for that PSII builder's multipack. :wink:

I bought the four PS2 rockets and the 29.95 bundle with 5 models including the Mega Mossie and the Super Neon XL. Cached in some points and the 2 bundles shipped free for a little under a hundred bucks. Heck of a deal.

Already had a Leviathan and a Partizon from the previous Estes deals, so will either keep the duplicates for parts or kit bashing, or sell them off to club members for 20 bucks apiece.

Restraining myself. 2 pink flamingoes is only a great deal if you need 2 pink flamingoes.

or if you are Pat Miller, in which case pink flamingos are priceless. Show them no restraint!

Restraining myself. 2 pink flamingoes is only a great deal if you need 2 pink flamingoes.

The nice thing is that you don't have to build them as pink flamingoes. Those PS2 kits work well as several blank canvases to create on or to supply parts for other builds, or as repair parts, etc, etc.

I am new to the forum and I just ordered the Leviathan kit. Couldn't resist! Haven't built or flown any rockets for 20 years but I'm ready to jump in again!

Thanks! Those are awesome! This is the largest kit I've ever built, and I am looking forward to launching it.

I did great at restraint, until I needed a Christmas gift for my nephew. 7 rockets plus pad and controller for a hair above $35.

If it's still up at midnight, I'm going to pop for one of those bundles and make some gifts to friends in the New Year....

The sale finally got me, two bundles - the PSII and the five rocket one.

Late last night (New Years' Eve) I looked at the Estes Website and saw that the rotating billboard no longer displayed the 2014 Bundles....
however, by searching the character string "Bundles" or "2014 Bundles" all four of the offers were still coming up and available at the sale prices.

The only problem I had was that I wanted to go look at what skill level each rocket was, and though the Bundles listed accurately the name and model # for each, it made no mention of skill levels.... you had to go search each rocket and found it turned up two entries: The rocket itself, and the Bundle that it was included in.

I determined that there was a set of 3 rockets RTF or skill level one in Bundle One
A set of four that were mainly sill level two in Bundle two, priced at $12.99
and a set of FIVE that varied a bit, but appeared to be a mixture of skill level Three and Five for $29.99

I hesitated long and hard, recognizing that there was about a ten dollar shipping fee, and came to realize that I had at least one already in the build pile for each of the bundles that i was considering. Rather than increase the build pile with a few more rockets that I recognise I might not want, I decided to save my cash for now, and hope that Estes has another sale down the road once my build pile is empty or almost gone. I've still got about a dozen completed rockets that I am trying to find a way to store and protect from my whirling dervish cleaning woman of a wife... (she's broken two by "just moved them out of the way"...)

Woody, if you're still interested in placing an order, PM to me and let's talk. Maybe we can work something out....

Interesting. The #4 bundle for the 4 pro series shows it at $108, but if you click on it the details it then still shows it at the $80 price

Sale is back on! Stock up on kits if you haven't already! Get your Leviathans and bundles!

Back