Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat vs Chevy Corvette Stingray

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the Tesla is nice, for the price I can get a new Hellcat, ... and a new pickup, quite a few rockets and motors, and a trip to LDRS.

Plus, the sound of the Hellcat at idle is amazing.

This ones for you FC ....

[YOUTUBE]ewRYQkAqVZg[/YOUTUBE]

Greg

While the Tesla is nice, for the price I can get a new Hellcat, ... and a new pickup, quite a few rockets and motors, and a trip to LDRS.

Plus, the sound of the Hellcat at idle is amazing.

This ones for you FC ....

[YOUTUBE]ewRYQkAqVZg[/YOUTUBE]

Greg

Heh, wrong brand of Viper...:).

In all seriousness, absolutely the Tesla is more expensive. Early adopter tech usually is.

But in both times I've test driven one, it has been the only car of the new breed (plugin hybrids or electric only) that did not make me miss my musclecar V-8. At all. Honestly, after driving one, a gasoline only car just sounds...old.

And considering the responses in the Gasoline Prices thread, I'm not the only one who is getting a little tired of the gas price roller coaster.

This comic sums it up perfectly...

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s

And there's still that whole "More distance between my crotch and explosions" thing...

FC

Wow I couldn't even make it through that oatmeal dissertation. From what I did read, I hope my Hellcat gets built soon.

Edit: Not a very good first post was it?

All the west coast Tesla droolers and Elon Musk fans like oatmeal boy would probably be quite shocked by this fact: Little ol' Michigan-based Ford Motor Company sold more EVs last year than the entire lifetime of Tesla Motors. Unlike Musk, they did not need 1 billion of government money to do it. Ford's EVs don't catch on fire, either.

I drive a Chevy Volt - the most practical EV technology there is, frankly. No range anxiety at all.

I am all for Vettes and Hellcats, too!

Last edited:
All the west coast Tesla droolers and Elon Musk fans like oatmeal boy would probably be quite shocked by this fact: Little ol' Michigan-based Ford Motor Company sold more EVs last year than the entire lifetime of Tesla Motors. Unlike Musk, they did not need 1 billion of government money to do it. Ford's EVs don't catch on fire, either.

I drive a Chevy Volt - the most practical EV technology there is, frankly. No range anxiety at all.

I am all for Vettes and Hellcats, too!

But were they good EVs? Not hybrids, but electric only? Range? Acceleration? And a Volt isn't exactly a barn burner on any track. I note you forgot to mention Telsa paid back all the loan plus interest last year.

EVs aren't all there yet...there are some significant limitations. But they are evolving rapidly. Hopefully, sooner rather than later, the gasoline engine will be as dead as the dinosaurs that power it. And no one will miss it.

FC

Last edited:
Wow I couldn't even make it through that oatmeal dissertation. From what I did read, I hope my Hellcat gets built soon.

Edit: Not a very good first post was it?

Sure, it's all good.
I loved the whole Tesla car review and Oatmeal dissertation. Tesla was fricken amazing. He is fascinating to read about. The guy was a genius who got steamrolled by Edison. I hope the Tesla museum gets built. LDRS and that museum are the only reason I could see to venture East for a vacation...

Adrian (who wishes he could own a Tesla someday. Just think, rockets in the trunk and frunk!)

EVs aren't all there yet...there are some significant limitations. But they are evolving rapidly. Hopefully, sooner rather than later, the gasoline engine will be as dead as the dinosaurs that power it. And no one will miss it.

FC

I just wish the grid would move to efficient nuclear power, instead of inefficient, land-grabbing windmill farms. I find them to be an eyesore (just like the Kennedys do!) and a threat to our rocketry launch sites.

Last edited:
And a Volt isn't exactly a barn burner on any track.

FC

Of course it isn't. The Volt has 1/2 the power and 1/2 the price of the Model S. Two different market segments. In day-to-day driving, though, the Volt's low-end sport shift map is pretty peppy coming out of a stop light.

Back