Need Copy of Original Barrowman Report

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enderw88

New to the game
Reaction score
I am interested in reading Barrowman's original report. I have the download from Apogee, but it is missing pages 39-50 (the sections on Experimental Verifications and Conclusions). Does anyone have access to those pages?

I have read the Centuri and Estes technical reports which are watered down version of the original, I really want to see the original. It is becoming a quest...

I also have a copy on rocketryfiles.com under technical
Articles. User name and password both guest.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I also have a copy on rocketryfiles.com under technical
Articles. User name and password both guest.

Yours has the same problem. I emailed Apogee and that is all they have. Tim S think Mr Barrowman may still be active in northern Virginia.

So did someone find the full report then?

That worked. Weird, I don't know why the browser choked on it. Thanks.
Firefox? that is what I use and it did the same thing.

wfcook: this is Barrowman's original college dissertation on CP calcs. The NARAM R&D report was probably derived from it.

Ok thanks got it!

I am curious if any of the sim programs claiming to use Barrowman use the full version or do they use the abbreviated version most are familiar with? The abbreviated/streamlined version is simpler, but has more assumptions in it

I am curious if any of the sim programs claiming to use Barrowman use the full version or do they use the abbreviated version most are familiar with? The abbreviated/streamlined version is simpler, but has more assumptions in it

That is one of my questions as well. I am working on OpenRocket adding some UI features to learn the code. Sampo has a very good technical document that describes the detailed inner workings. It looks pretty complete and in some cases goes further.

RockSim is a black box and it isn't clear to me exactly what it is doing. It crashes on me at least a few times per session and the UI has fallen behind OR quite a bit so I am only using it to look at designs already published.

That is one of my questions as well. I am working on OpenRocket adding some UI features to learn the code. Sampo has a very good technical document that describes the detailed inner workings. It looks pretty complete and in some cases goes further.

RockSim is a black box and it isn't clear to me exactly what it is doing. It crashes on me at least a few times per session and the UI has fallen behind OR quite a bit so I am only using it to look at designs already published.

Rocksim crashes on you? Mine is very stable. I will have to, at some point, take a look at OR again. The early versions were clearly, to put it kindly, a copy of Rocksim's interface. I am not overly fond of it being a single java file- makes it a little tougher to edit things and add thing in bulk to the databases.

Rocksim crashes on you? Mine is very stable. I will have to, at some point, take a look at OR again. The early versions were clearly, to put it kindly, a copy of Rocksim's interface. I am not overly fond of it being a single java file- makes it a little tougher to edit things and add thing in bulk to the databases.

Rocksim might be less stable on the Mac. Relatively speaking OR has been rock solid. The interface probably started out as a knock off, but there are a number of features there now that make if much better (I put in some!).

Back