dimensions for Aeropack 75 flange mount needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruland

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I need some dimensions on the Aeropack 75mm flange mount retainer. I cannot find dimensioned drawings anyplace. I'm particularly interested in the od of the motor tube and the length it would extend into the body of the retainer. If you have one lying about can you please measure it up for me.

Kevin

I find it really irritating that info like this isn't readily available. It's not like having a non-toleranced drawing is going to make it any easier for competitors to clone your product...

On the flange retainers the motor tube does not extend into the retainer at all. The motor tube ends flush with the aft centering ring. I can post pictures for clarification if needed.

Please do.

On the flange retainers the motor tube does not extend into the retainer at all. The motor tube ends flush with the aft centering ring. I can post pictures for clarification if needed.

So the first image is your finished rocket without the retainer installed - showing that the motor tube ends at the aft centering ring. So you can line everything up by using tape around the motor case to center it within the motor tube, and tape along the motor case thrust ring to center the Aeropack retainer on the motor case. Then when you slide everything together you can mark the holes so they can be drilled. This ensures that the flange is centered relative to the motor tube. The inside diameter of the retainer matches the inside diameter of the motor tube.

Aeropack does also sell the traditional glue-on retainers in the 75MM size.

0618131432a.jpg0607131319.jpg0607131319a.jpg0607131337.jpg0615132224 - Version 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back