Please remove your business decals before selling vehicle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
terrorist-truck-texas.jpg

"According to Houston’s KHOU, Oberholtzer traded in the F-250 to an AutoNation Ford dealership in Houston last November, but accidentally forgot to remove his business’ decals. A representative at the dealership said the truck immediately went up for auction, and most likely exchanged hands many times before ending up on the front lines of Syria’s civil war, piloted by terrorist fighters.

The company began receiving threatening calls earlier this week from people all across the country that assumed the small town business was aiding and abetting terror. 'We have nothing to do with terror at all,' commented Oberholtzer."

Many years ago my father's plumbing company (now mine) sold off a truck with the name and logo removed. However the trucks had a distinctive (ugly) paint job that everyone around town recognized. The guy who bought the truck was not the best driver in the world and I kept getting blamed for his crappy driving. That's not quite as bad as being called a terrorist!

old trucks.jpg

Usually they say that any publicity is good publicity... but I think this one classifies in a category all its own.

terrorist-truck-texas.jpg

"According to Houston’s KHOU, Oberholtzer traded in the F-250 to an AutoNation Ford dealership in Houston last November, but accidentally forgot to remove his business’ decals. A representative at the dealership said the truck immediately went up for auction, and most likely exchanged hands many times before ending up on the front lines of Syria’s civil war, piloted by terrorist fighters.

The company began receiving threatening calls earlier this week from people all across the country that assumed the small town business was aiding and abetting terror. 'We have nothing to do with terror at all,' commented Oberholtzer."

OH FREAKING WOW

That poor fella!! That could potentially ruin his business. Man o man...

Sad when terrorists have a better truck than I do...

Oh well... probably pays a lot better than farming...

Later! OL JR :)

Sad when terrorists have a better truck than I do...

Oh well... probably pays a lot better than farming...

Later! OL JR :)

I wouldn't worry about that... I'm sure that there's someone looking to scrap that truck right now. Hopefully while it's fully loaded and occupied.

Ever notice that those wimp **s terrorist always have their face blurred out or covered up?

The thing that amazes me is that people actually thought the buisness was aiding terrorists. I have to think there are more efficient ways to aide such an organization than shipping a truck across the planet to a war zone. Then to think someone that could/would do that was too stupid to remove their name from the truck is just beyond belief. I'm amazed that the people who called to harass the buisness were smart enough to dial a phone if they believed all that.

That being said I imagine very few fleet trucks are showing up at dealers with the names still on.

That being said I imagine very few fleet trucks are showing up at dealers with the names still on.

I traded a truck in a couple of years ago with all the lettering and logos still on it on the assurance from the dealer that he'd remove them. Fortunately the truck was spotted a short while after with all of it removed. After reading this I'm not sure I'd trust anyone to do if for me again.

I traded a truck in a couple of years ago with all the lettering and logos still on it on the assurance from the dealer that he'd remove them. Fortunately the truck was spotted a short while after with all of it removed. After reading this I'm not sure I'd trust anyone to do if for me again.

Bill, your company's name has already been smeared; it's been seen hauling that CMASS trailer around for years now. There's not enough bleach in the world to clean that stain. :wink:

You may want to go back to the original paint scheme on the next fleet. :y:

And here's a few more emoticons for you. :wave::tree::wave::snowman::wave:

Be interesting to see if any agency is tracking the path of the sale to lock down who actually is helping them.

Mike

We had to borrow my step fathers old bell south van when the ice storm of 1994 hit Mississippi.
All the logo was gone but it still looked the part.
The first week while driving home I wondered why people were waving at me from their front porches, I
thought, I don't even know these people, so every other day I would look their way and wave back.

The second week, still no power for the community, I noticed more people waving and some were stepping
down from their porches. The waving didn't look right! My wife and I couldn't figure it out.

The third week still no power and these people living just outside of the little country town were flipping me
Off! Some were running down the driveways doing that funny wave! It looked like some of them wanted me
to come there now. I've never met these people!
I told my wife I better come home from the highway from now on.
!
We were much younger back then, yes it took us that long to figure it out!
Everybody in that area had no power for up to 5 weeks! Allot was going on.

So I never came home again down that road where those Angry people lived
and soon returned the old bell south van. I'll never drive it again, it's too risky!

JP

Last edited:
You may want to go back to the original paint scheme on the next fleet.

From what I saw on the news this week, I think I could go shopping for something painted like that in Cuba. Probably the same age too.

Back