Estes Patriot M-104 18mm To 24mm REBUILD. Now W/Booster!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to make a coupler so that I can use this E2X Booster on the Patriot.:D
The E2X Boosters are only $4.97 at Walmart.
The color is even a perfect match.
Got some Sims to do.

M-104 Booster 001.jpg

This is when I'll be happy that I added a smidge too much Nose Weight.:wink:

Last edited:
Are you gonna post video of that?

Of course!!!
Even if something goes wrong, I'll post Video so that others may learn from my mistake.
I'm sure it will work just fine though, barring any anomalies that are beyond my control, ie; Bird Strike, Defective Motors, Wormholes, Electronic Fog... etc;

Last edited:
Good on you Top...

I will also share a video of the Talos, even if it fails miserably...

OUCH!
But, You took a Picture of it, so you are obviously proud of the "Lessons Learned".:wink:

Yeah, but I'm not sure what I learned...

I believe we did everything correctly...

And still we had this lawn-dart...

All we could do was just watch in HORROR...:jaw:

The booster was unscathed...

Last edited:
Now that I think about it...

I did learn just ONE thing...

I should've had you glass it...

Now that I think about it...

I did learn just ONE thing...

I should've had you glass it...
That actually would have at least solved the having to repair it part.:wink:

You could learn more things from it again and again, until you knew what you needed to.:)

Did Estes correct the issue with the fins? It always seemed that one was not the same size as the other 3 and had to be built up with scrap wood.

Did Estes correct the issue with the fins? It always seemed that one was not the same size as the other 3 and had to be built up with scrap wood.

The M-104 Kit? I would not know, as I made the fins from balsa stock. Entire Fin Section was replaced when I updogged it to 24mm.
I assume you don't mean the Booster.

I guess if you are talking about the M-104 Kit, I don't remember one fin being too small, but if it was, I would have stack sanded them all to the same dimension as the smallest fin.

Last edited:
Very cool build. I cant wait to try my patriot on some 24mm reloads. Should be crazy. I almost cant decide if it would be more fun to do HPR or to just use oversize motors in the smaller rockets. I have a black star voyager kit that i,m seriously thinking of doing for 29mm reloads.

I've always liked the Patriot rocket. I modified mine to accept 3 24mm motors all chad staging. It was an awesome flight!

You did a great job on yours and I'm sure you will get plenty of flights out of it.

Thanks for sharing!:)

I flew it a couple of times today on D12-3 Motors. It likes them.
I don't have any Booster Motors yet, but I think I will find a bigger field for flying it with the Booster. This field is just barely big enough for it on Ds'.

[video=youtube;4maIkJfQ2tQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4maIkJfQ2tQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I just got my aerotech 24/40 case. It looks absolutely menacing hanging out the back of the patriot. I am now onto my 24mm quest harpoon build.

Back