CANCELLED BattlePark Jan 24 & 25 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
C A N C E L L E D

The January 24th and 25th launch at BattlePark has been cancelled due to weather and field conditions!

Last edited:
I'm not a member yet but recently moved to Fredericksburg VA. I plan to come that weekend.

I'll probably be going to MDRA the following weekend too. I still also have my house in Davidsonville MD which is convenient.

Testing my L3 project.... Just need Ben to sign off on it..... LOL :eek:

[video=youtube;9MLq66oVGXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MLq66oVGXg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MLq66oVGXg[/video]

Long term forecast is looking pretty good for next weekend. Hope it holds up! :)

Wow! I must be on the same wave length as; I just cancelled my reservation (without even knowing of this)..

JD

The weather has been great and the launches fantastic! Will it continue in January?

Come join us for the first launch of 2015!

What are you going to fly?

P O S T P O N E D

The January 10th and 11th launch at BattlePark has been postponed to the 24th and 25th!

The rain early in the week left the field very muddy, and the cold weather prevented it from drying out. The warmer weather this weekend will leave it very muddy.
The prefect checked the field today and has postponed the launch 2 weeks.

See ya all on the 24th!

Check the first post. The weather forecast is bad for this weekend. The launch status should be posted by 1 PM on Friday.

The timing and storm track will determine if we get rain, snow, or nothing. We'll know more by Friday.

Kevin and Ken both have prior commitments this weekend so as far as I know, no vendors.

NWS is now calling for 90% chance of snow/sleet for Culpeper on Friday night. Dooh!!!

Kevin and Ken both have prior commitments this weekend so as far as I know, no vendors.

NWS is now calling for 90% chance of snow/sleet for Culpeper on Friday night. Dooh!!!

Yes, the forecast is worse! It all depends on how much snow/rain come in. That will determine the depth of the mud.

I knew about Kevin not being able to make it, I assumed Ken wouldn't be there either. He's usually there for the first fall launch and the Battle of the Rockets in the spring. If he is able to make any of the ones in between, that's a nice bonus in my book.

Back