Sneeze Attacks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
It's not even remotely pollen season, but some of us still get sneeze attacks at any given moment. I just went through one, and like always, it's about a 5 minute ordeal. My older brother on the other hand, gets them for around 30 minutes. Constantly going at it. He's usually out for the count on that note. No way to have a conversation with him with one of these going on. My sneeze attacks are always jam packed. One after another, until I finally get to the end of it.

Now, I introduce you to the "Sneeze Vibrato" or maybe the, "Sneeze Echo." This is when you. "AH CHOO...choo, choo, choo, choo." A quick repeating "choo" factor. These didn't start happening until after I turned 50, and I am wondering if other people experience these. It sure rattles the brain!

Are you allergic to something other than pollen? I have been struggling along here in Wisconsin as we have lots of wet grass and leaves and no snow cover to cover it up. Once we have snow cover it will take a couple of days and I will feel better. This is likely a mold allergy, which I know I have from testing.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Are you allergic to something other than pollen? I have been struggling along here in Wisconsin as we have lots of wet grass and leaves and no snow cover to cover it up. Once we have snow cover it will take a couple of days and I will feel better. This is likely a mold allergy, which I know I have from testing.
Mark Koelsch

Mold is a serious possibility on my behalf. I live in a really small town with 100 year old houses that have been modded over the years and some converted into apartment type townhouses. Some of these places don't even have insulation in them and some that do that's really old. I've lived in two of these houses here that are really old, and I never had these issues today, that I had before moving here. I find myself coughing a lot for no particular reason.

I told my cohab GF, back when we first moved here, that I thought our house was making me sick. I could go out of town for a weekend, and nary a cough or sneeze. As soon as I came home, it was on. Just another reason I am silently packing my bags to get out of this town

My dad started getting spontaneous sneezing fits for no apparent reason a few years ago. He's not particularly allergic to anything he knows of, but sometimes he just starts sneezing one after another, and his entire head goes haywire at the same time, with runny nose and watery eyes. After a few minutes it passes.

Whenever your parents have an odd health issue like this, you can't help but wonder if it will happen to you someday too. I've had a few sneezing fits myself, but nothing like Dad's... so far...

And I just had another one. Lasted about 5 minutes, but it compares to the ones I have when pollen season is full tilt boogy here. It's not a real problem, but I do wonder what's triggering them. Mark asked if I was allergic to other things besides pollen? Oh hell yeah! I have a list a mile long from back in my asthma days. Many of those issues were taken care of with what they offered in vaccinations back in the day. I'm just wondering if, my "pushing 60" age, might have anything to do with it. I've never has so many sneezing issues this close to Winter.

I get them all the time. On a good day, it will be a 5 minute deal, but there have been times in the past where a sneeze attack would last a whole day, with runny nose that wouldn't go away until I sleep. Sometimes they even resume right when I wake up.

Gary, I would start by just trying some type of over the counter allergy pill like claritin or Zyrtec to see if something simple might attenuate the sneezing some.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I just wish there was quick injections you could take to calm a sneeze attack...

It's extremely hard to maintain good hygiene and impression when you are having a sneeze attack.

You could try carrying a tin of snuff around. It wouldn't help with the sneezes, but when they start, you could claim it is due to a snuff habit, and not something contagious.

Snuff is a finely ground tobacco substance (at least I think it is --- I've never actually seen snuff in person). People used to sniff a pinch of snuff up their nose, which would often trigger a sneeze. It is a completely antiquated habit, and I doubt very many people have had a snuff habit for more than 100 years. Sometimes you'll see someone taking snuff in movies set in the 19th century. I wasn't really suggesting you feign a snuff addiction! It was just a joke!

oh yay.....here we go again. I just got over catching the "crud". That's what we here call a two week cold that invades your chest. This is finally getting better, but tonight something triggered that annoying sneeze attack. Damn! Does being a human have to be this annoying? I'm sooooo sick, of being sick and tired of being SICK & TIRED! 30 whole minutes of sneezing, hoping I don't propel chunks in my jammies! ( please excuse the graphic nature here )

Sneezing actually feel good, until you have a couple dozen in a row.

I'm starting to hate winter. Seems, this is now the new time of year for my physical issues to kick in.
As if cold wasn't enough................

If you sneeze and fart simultaneously you can actually screw yourself right into a hardwood floor. I hate it when that happens! :facepalm:

If you sneeze and fart simultaneously you can actually screw yourself right into a hardwood floor. I hate it when that happens! :facepalm:

That hurts as much as coughing and farting at the same time. I'm going to coin this as, "a propelled butt rocket."

When I had cats, I had sneeze attacks like this nearly daily. If I stopped taking pills, it would come back with a vengeance. Once the cat was gone, the sneeze attack stopped.

Ever go out shopping and stop at a few different stores and end up seeing the same person at each store? I was on a shopping trip one time, and while I was in Target, I was in a narrow aisle not far from a woman who was also shopping, and I had a sudden violent sneeze that fired a fart out my backside! It was a really sharp fart that actually stung a bit, and for a second I thought I might have crapped my pants! The woman turned to me and said, "Bless you." I could not help but wonder if she had heard the fart, or just the sneeze. I got out of that aisle as fast as I could. About a half an hour later I was making my way through Safeway, and I ran into that same woman! She saw me and gave me a little wave. Was she just being friendly, acknowledging the coincidence, or was she thinking, "There goes Mr. Sneeze-Fart from Target?"

Last edited:
Ever go out shopping and stop at a few different stores and end up seeing the same person at each store? I was on a shopping trip one time, and while I was in Target, I was in a narrow aisle not far from a woman who was also shopping, and I had a sudden violent sneeze that fired a fart out my backside! It was a really sharp fart that actually stung a bit, and for a second I thought I might have crapped my pants! The woman turned to me and said, "Bless you." I could not help but wonder if she had heard the fart, or just the sneeze. I got out of that aisle as fast as I could. About a half an hour later I was making my way through Safeway, and I ran into that same woman! She saw me and gave me a little wave. Was she just being friendly, acknowledging the coincidence, or was she thinking, "There goes Mr. Sneeze-Fart from Target?"

That's too funny! The dreaded "snarts." And witnessed, no less!

This kind of thing can be a deadly, vicious cycle, with one person's sneezing fit being caused by the last person's nose-burning secret fart.

GEEZ! I'm starting to wonder if I'm allergic to myself! Out of nowhere, I got it on for about 15 minutes! It felt kinda good....in a way. But you have to ask, what for? Why the hell am I sneezing? Pollen is always a good excuse. But this is January.

Does it ever give you a sort of..(going out on a limb here) Nosegasm?

I have been having stuffy nose for a bit... started out as sneeze attacks and now its stuffy nose. Getting better but still annoying

Actually, I think sneezes are quite similar, neurologically, with the other 'gasm. I enjoy a good sneeze as long as it doesn't happen while I'm making a turn in my car.

I sneeze fairly often due to allergies, but during ragweed season I can get a sneezing fit that leaves me dizzy. I usually sneeze 14 times in a row when I get a fit (yep, I started counting - odd that I regularly do 14).

The whole enchilada experience of a snart followed immediately by a hicca-burp can really just make my day.

Back