Red Glare ESL-202 April 10-12, 2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgreger

Reaction score
Gives everyone 4 moths to make plans, arrangements, finish builds!
The website will be updated with more info as the date gets closer.
Also, the next 3 months launch dates have been announced:
January 17-18
February 21-22
March 14-15
All at Higgs Farm.

Thanks, Dave. It stinks for me that they seem to have abandoned the mdrocketry.org site and are doing everything on Facebook now. Good to know there are some dates.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu.......
Dave G...........

I can't wait.............
I will be there with bells on,,, ( git it,, Christmas,,,, bells on,,,, ehhhhhh... )

I'm going to try to make the January launch as well.....

Teddy

Really, really looking forward to Red Glare now, since I couldn't launch on Saturday. My X-Celerator, bought November 28, still hasn't left the ground.

I know what u mean have a madcow prion never left the house cant wait level 2 at redglare counting down

Maybe this fall if they have a fall Red Glare this year..

The date for this launch jsut kind of snuck up on me and I way too busy now at work to make it.
Have fun guys, hope you folks get Clear blue sky's and low or no wind with warm weather !

Cheers
John ..

Ugh. Ten day weather for Price, MD shows high chance of rain Tuesday thru Friday. I don't know what happens if the field is impassable. Hopefully it will pick one of those days to rain (and not Friday) and be done with it.

So looking forward to this weekend! Its always a great time. I have several rockets ready for whatever conditions are. Does anyone know if we are flying from the front field or back field? I haven't been able to make it down to Higgs Farm this winter so I don't know. Thanks! :)

Jim Z

Jim,
No official announcement as of yet, but most likely the back field.

Does anyone know if we are flying from the front field or back field? I haven't been able to make it down to Higgs Farm this winter so I don't know. Thanks! :)

Jim Z
Hi Jim,
We'll be flying from the back field. Let's hope the winds come from the NW so we have maximum recovery room.
See you at the field, Scott

Current weather forecasts thunderstorms for Friday, then really nice for Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully Friday storms are in the AM and clearing up later.

Planned to leave Thursday to drive and fly Fri, Sat, and 1/2 day Sun. Might be driving down Fri instead as a day in the hotel room is not much fun. Seeing Thunderstorms and high wind. Hoping it changes for the better by tomorrow night so I can stick with the original plan.

Hopefully people will be smarter and not keep driving in same ruts making them wider and deeper....
I'll keep my snow tires on the car a week later than last time; hopefully I won't get stuck.
I'll be heading down Sunday morning early am.

JD

Good Point......

The field will be wet on Thursday for set-up and on Friday for the first day of the launch. Please try and use common sense when entering the parking area and follow directions. Initially, on Friday stay to the right as you enter, that is the higher ground and will be less prone to getting stuck. The back field does drain quickly from the higher to the lower ground. We expect the ground to firm up well on Saturday and Sunday.

A couple of quick, common sense notes on rocketry etiquette. We always expect a large number of fliers at Red Glare and we want to keep things moving and rockets in the sky. Safety on the ground and in the sky is what allows us to do what we do and everyone is responsible for their own safety and that of their guests at the launch. Consider every flight a Heads Up Flight and pay attention when flight operations are underway.

1) Please be considerate of other fliers who may not be able to run as fast as you and walk, do not run to the pads.

2) If you are not ready to place your rocket on the rail, turn on the electronics and insert the igniter in a reasonably short period of time either ask for help or wait until you are ready to go. The longer you are fiddling at the pad the longer it takes to begin launching.

3) If you see there is only one or two remaining rocketeers finishing up on a nearly full rack, don’t start out to the pads and hold up the launch, wait until the next rack….let me get this one in the air.

4) Make sure you get your away cell projects RSO’ed before heading out to the Away Cell. We will make announcements on the Away Cell RSO and transportation process at the field.

5) The winds will be changing throughout the launch and your rockets will be recovered on different areas of His Farm and the surrounding neighbors Farms. We all must show the property the utmost respect and under no conditions DRIVE on the fields. If your rocket crosses any of the surrounding roads come and see us for directions, each land owner must be dealt with on different terms to allow us to fly off Higgs Farm and recovery from the neighbors fields.

6) Lastly, have fun and prep them like you own them. For many fliers it has been a while since they have flown due to the long winter. Double check your batteries, webbing and parachutes.

Banquet tickets, Raffle tickets and Operation Second Chance donations can all be purchased or donated at the field. There are many openings for Pad Mangers and RSO’s……..sign up at the filed.

See you at the launch.

Neil

:flyingpig:

Last edited:
Back