Have you had a dream about planning a build?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5x7

Reaction score
I have been building and flying since I was 10 but can never recall having a dream about planning a rocket build before. Recenty I woke up and recalled planning modifcations to an Estes Ventris. (A rocket I had not planned on building but is cool looking). The deam involved thinking about glassing the lower airframe (what glass weight I have on hand, the jig for the glassing) and if the shock cord mount should be replaced with Kevlar to the centering ring because I can never leave well enough alone). The dream included images of glassing the tube and of the Kevlar in the tube, but no strong impressions of building anything. I have a few projects in the works and don't get to build as often as I like. I think my subconcious may be calling for an old school build session after a couple of years of infrequent glass builds.

Anyone else dreaming of rocketry?

All the time here too. A lot of my best Ideas come to me right before I fall asleep too.

You got my attention when you mentioned the Ventris. While I generally do not dream about rocketry, AFAIK, I am thinking about ways to mod the Ventris. I've been building a lot of large rockets and am longing to build an Estes kit again. Maybe I should feed the need.

I count myself one of the fortunate ones that never remember a sleeping dream...if I even have any. Maybe I do too much daydreaming...

YES!!! I do it all the time... I constantly run through the procedure of how I will build a specific rocket well before I build it... That way, when I go to build it, I know what to do.

That is wierd, I can't recall ever dreaming about a flight.

What's worse is the Dreams where you are at the "Worlds Largest Hobby Store", and it's like Heaven, and your trying to carry around all the Kits and Building Materials, and then you realize it's just a Dream, but you decide to try to enjoy it as such, so you get to the Checkout, and then you find you don't have the Money to pay for all the stuff, and when you turn to look at your giant Shopping Cart full of Rocket Parts you see that half the stuff or more is not there and there is maybe like a few Micro Max Kits, or an RTF Kit.
That's a Nightmare!!!:y:

I don't have build-related dreams, but sometimes I do lie awake at night, thinking about how to paint rockets. It's kind of annoying, actually.

I'm not one of those people who wakes up in the morning having solved some kind of difficult problem by working it out in my sleep. All my dreams are nonsense. So when my brain starts chewing on something at night, it results in pointless insomnia --- tossing and turning, thinking and churning. When I go down that path, it's usually best not to stay in bed half awake with my brain jumping around. I usually do better if I get up out of bed, wake up completely, and try to put the idea out of my head before going back to sleep.

I’ve had some nightmares about a few of the rockets I was at that time building.

And the $$$$$$$ spent sometimes haunts me in the wee dark hours.

And then there is the agnostic, dyslexic, insomniac who laid awake at night wonder if there was a Dog.

When I get stumped on how to do something, I sleep on it. Some of my best ideas come in my sleep.

Last night I had the bad dream that I was glassing a tube, and for some reason I was'nt wearing gloves. I had to keep going to wash my hands, but for some reason kept going back to wet out the glass which had started to shift and distort. Then, the tube had somehow gone from a white BT-80, to a poorly cut 2" tall coupler section and the thing was all messed up.

Last night I dreamed about buying reloads. Probably because I had been looking at a new tool box for my motor cases and reloads at Home Depot yesterday.

The new DeWalt and Ridgid ones are some kinda nice.

Last night I had the bad dream that I was glassing a tube, and for some reason I was'nt wearing gloves. I had to keep going to wash my hands, but for some reason kept going back to wet out the glass which had started to shift and distort. Then, the tube had somehow gone from a white BT-80, to a poorly cut 2" tall coupler section and the thing was all messed up.

More like a nightmare!

Back