I200W and Rouse-Tech casing...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpjunkie

Reaction score
I feel like a total idiot asking this since the answer is probably obvious and I'm just missing it somehow. :facepalm:

Despite my best attempts, I cannot get the Aerotech I200W motor to fit in my 29/360 Rouse-Tech case. The case is simply too short. Nothing I can find online addresses this problem and everything I read indicates that this motor should fit in the 29/360 (in fact, the I200 and R268 are the only 2 reloads that I know of that are made to fit this case without spacers). Help! :y:

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin, simple question- what is the length of the case and the length of the liner?

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

The case is the standard 12.29" for the 29/360, and the liner is right at 10.76"

I don't own the case and was thinking about getting it but don't the propellant grains fit in the liner and in return the liner fits in the case with closures? It seems like it would fit with the closures... there's a couple inches there to play with?

Interesting... This is not how the instruction look that come with the reload... Let me give it a try. Thank you!

So, what's not fitting? I'm confused, sorry

It's because I am still using the delay/charge insert and apparently, based upon the instructions link above, you don't use that part for these reloads.

It's because I am still using the delay/charge insert and apparently, based upon the instructions link above, you don't use that part for these reloads.

You do.... I've built several. The delay should install into the forward closure, and the charge into the top of it. part 12 in the diagram is the delay

You do.... I've built several. The delay should install into the forward closure, and the charge into the top of it. part 12 in the diagram is the delay

What I meant was that I was using the wrong forward closure. I should have been using the one that had the delay space and charge well built into it (i.e., the one that comes with the case that I never use since I usually use smaller motors in this case with spacers and a metal insert that holds the charge and delay).

Last edited:
aaaaahhhhhh this problem... All the rouse have the new larger one, didn't think of the fact it could have been an old AT one.

9163927288_647bd1853a.jpg

old closure on the left, H250G installed with a new/360 rear

OP is confusing forward with aft, he has to use the correct fore closure with that reload, not the floating one.

What I meant was that I was using the wrong aft closure. I should have been using the one that had the delay space and charge well built into it (i.e., the one that comes with the case that I never use since I usually use smaller motors in this case with spacers and a metal insert that holds the charge and delay).

I've never tried using the RAS with the 360 case, so not sure if it should work....I would think it would. The main issue is the rear closure has to be large enough for the bigger nozzle of the 360 loads.

Back