My name is chuck......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the interest of safety, please bring the pile with you next visit to ROC, I will safely dispose of it for you (following all Regs of course).

My trailer isn't big enough.... I can't imagine what CHP would think if I got pulled over with all that stuff!

(cue the Bill Clinton voice) I feel your pain.

For me it's Dr. Rockets hardware. Currently looking at a couple of Millennium cases and closures.

*sigh*

I sure wish rocketeers would invest in strap wrenches and lose their pliers.

I'm glad Steve T. walked by my camp first. Picked up a 98/15360 casing for a song at the last ROCstock. Sure love those red casings! And I do have a set of strap wrenches....

Seriously guys we don't have any problems we just love what we do and it excites us. It could be a lot worse. At least we don't have a drug problem or spend every night in a bar somewhere or jail. Also think about other hobbies. What about those guys that fly around those 10-15k turbine jets. I'm sure that's a hobby that cost a pretty penny to maintain. I think rocketry is a great way to meet new people and have fun in the process.

Chuck you along with others like you just need to find some balance with your hobby. Once you have so many rockets built take the time and fly them. Or maybe go through your stock pile and really take a hard look at what you have and decide what you need and sell the rest. Maybe have a raffle at the next few launches?

just some ideas

For me it's Dr. Rockets hardware. Currently looking at a couple of Millennium cases and closures.

Hey Kit, I'll let you drool over my 54mm Millennium set, but I'm not yet ready to sell them.

I really liked the LDRS 17 green cases I had. They were unique. I think he only made 20 sets of each size. I think the Millennium cases were the cream of the crop though.

Hi everybody, my name is Terry.
I too buy a lot of crapola I do not need. I have kits that I will never build, but can't part with them because I might get to them one day. I have parts and 'chutes in a similar (may never get used) pile. During the Black Sales, I throttled back and only bought some motors, that I may or may not get a chance to burn.
Lately I have also been restocking bush craft stuff, though I haven't been camping in decades. <hangs head in shame>

Bring your Millenium cases down to the next launch, Hank.

Chris, I've never seen the green cases. If the numbers (20) are correct it explains why that is.

I'd be interested in the LDRS17 (green) and LDRS 19 (red/black) if anyone has any of them to sell.

*sigh*

I sure wish rocketeers would invest in strap wrenches and lose their pliers.

I have the same weakness. I have a 29/180-240 LDRS 21 Millennium colored set, a 38/240-360-480 Millennium set, and just purchased a 54/852-1280-1706 set that are Millennium colored that read "Allhobbies.net" (Thanks Kevin G!). I also bought a 38/240-360-480 set of good old red Dr Rockets set off of fleabay because it was going too cheap... :facepalm:
Time to see if my new rocket buddy wants a 38mm motor set.....

Adrian

I have the same weakness. I have a 29/180-240 LDRS 21 Millennium colored set, a 38/240-360-480 Millennium set, and just purchased a 54/852-1280-1706 set that are Millennium colored that read "Allhobbies.net" (Thanks Kevin G!). I also bought a 38/240-360-480 set of good old red Dr Rockets set off of fleabay because it was going too cheap... :facepalm:
Time to see if my new rocket buddy wants a 38mm motor set.....

Adrian
I've been talking to Kevin G, too. :)

Lately I have also been restocking bush craft stuff, though I haven't been camping in decades. <hangs head in shame>

This just prompted a realisation for me of why we buy so much rocket stuff we aren't immediately using.. OMG, we're preppers!

My name is Russ, and I am addicted fiberglass rockets....

my wife on the other hand when she got the bill...
lets just say, I don't have any credit cards anymore.

Just remember... Y'all are lucky enough to be able to AFFORD enough kits to be considered a hoarder. :(

Just remember... Y'all are lucky enough to be able to AFFORD enough kits to be considered a hoarder. :(

Sadly, Matt, I've witnessed some people who can't afford what they buy.

-Kevin

I feel bad for people who outspend their income on rockets. I want to tell them off for it, but I don't want to be a jerk.

As for me, I only buy what I have time to build. Except I have some parts that need some design finalization before they can become part of a rocket...

Overall, it results in me being able to buy more AP.

I'm stocking up now so that when I retire and can't afford to buy any more rockets, i won't need to. Of course, I already have enough to last me well into the afterlife.

That is one advantage of scratch building. There are only tubes and plywood. No kits, only the potential of kits (easier to justify). LOL

Latest posts

Back