Estes Sale on Pro-Series II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!

(But to be honest... now that I know... I'd rather have one all-fiberglass kit for the same price as four ply, paper and plastic kits.)

Yeah, I don't mind paying $30 for a single Pro-Series II kit (and then another $5-$10 dollars to upgrade the shock cord & chute), but if I had $80, I'd drop it on an Aerotech kit...or a fiberglass kit...

I have 2 of the four already (Partizon, Leviathan), but that is a great deal for certain.

Yeah, I don't mind paying $30 for a single Pro-Series II kit (and then another $5-$10 dollars to upgrade the shock cord & chute), but if I had $80, I'd drop it on an Aerotech kit...or a fiberglass kit...

I, too would definitely rather get an FG kit now, although I have most of the PSII's already. BTW, Hobbylinc typically has the best sales if you're looking for AT kits. They are around 30% off.

This does look like a pretty great set of sales, if I didn't have most of the PSII's I would definitely get it.

This is a great deal if you are into Estes stuff. I have built and flown two of the four and they are well designed and overly engineered for most motors you might throw at it. EASY L1 kits.

GRAB this if you like Estes stuff and MPR (E-H) motors.

Nice!

(But to be honest... now that I know... I'd rather have one all-fiberglass kit for the same price as four ply, paper and plastic kits.)

These kits are a great value and a good way to get started on MPR for someone who doesn't want to deal with chemical safety issues or the other precautions that come with fiberglass and epoxy. They are super easy to build. And you can fly them on relatively cheap motors. If I didn't already have these kits in my build pile, I'd be on it.

Still a killer deal to get the kits for $20 each. And you get four rockets for the price of the one hypothetical $80 kit.

Worth every penny as parts and kit bashing materials.

Last edited:
Still a killer deal to get the kits for $20 each. And you get four rockets for the price of the one hypothetical $80 kit.

Worth every penny as parts and kit bashing materials.

True… Now I want them...

Okay Im twenty mins into trying to justify this to the wife as I type, back rub is next :wink:
If not to have a ton of extra stuff/or a neat kit bash or two - its a great deal at the wrong time of year.
Not to get off track but I hear alot about the some of the other kits , but not many about the Argent .
I have one with about 7 / 8 G 40 flights and I love it-
Anyone else flying one ?? :cheers:

Last edited:
Okay Im twenty mins into trying to justify this to the wife as I type, back rub is next :wink:
If not to have a ton of extra stuff/or a neat kit bash or two - its a great deal at the wrong time of year.
Not to get off track but I hear alot about the some of the other kits , but not many about the Argent .
I have one with about 7 / 8 G 40 flights and I love it-
Anyone else flying one ?? :cheers:

Building one now and will fly it soon. Seems like a good kit, I'll be trying some serious 3G and maybe 6G motors in it.

Where does it say free shipping?
As you go through the checkout process, it gives you shipping options. Choices are: Free - 7 to 14 days (00.00), or Standard - 7 to 14 days ($$.$$) Kinda funny.

I went for the PSII bundle and the 29.95 five rocket bundle. Cashed in some points and all nine rockets are headed this way for a little under 100 bucks....:)

Lots of parts for creative uses.....:)

I already have a Ventris, MDRM and Argent otherwise I'd be into that deal immediately.

Instead I picked up a Leviathan for $27 and a couple of other kits for my kids.

Full disclosure: I already bought a Leviathan for the $27 on Black Friday, and then just picked up a Partizon and the Hornet/Cosmic Explorer/Monarch bundle for under $40 with the free shipping.

The option for the 4 PSII kits wasn't available when I bought my second bundle, but appeared a couple of hours later...

Anyway, I keep looking at it and thinking, "$80 for those 4 kits seems like a good deal," on the one hand, but on the other, if I had that much money (and didn't "suffer" from extreme rocket kit stockpiling already), I would rather get the Aerotech G-Force:
https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/aro/aro89021.htm

Or, I tell myself, that money could better be used to save up for a 3D printer, which I have started to get obsessed with...

Full disclosure: I already bought a Leviathan for the $27 on Black Friday, and then just picked up a Partizon and the Hornet/Cosmic Explorer/Monarch bundle for under $40 with the free shipping.

The option for the 4 PSII kits wasn't available when I bought my second bundle, but appeared a couple of hours later...

Anyway, I keep looking at it and thinking, "$80 for those 4 kits seems like a good deal," on the one hand, but on the other, if I had that much money (and didn't "suffer" from extreme rocket kit stockpiling already), I would rather get the Aerotech G-Force:
https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/aro/aro89021.htm

Or, I tell myself, that money could better be used to save up for a 3D printer, which I have started to get obsessed with...

Let me help you out here.

You got some great kits at some great prices. But if you had known the PSII bundle was coming, maybe you would have got that instead of getting the Leviathan and Partizon one at a time. Now you have those two kits, and the bundle doesn't make sense --- and despite getting some good deals, there has to be some small pang of regret about that PSII bundle. I'd say you should make yourself feel a little better about the whole thing by buying yourself that G-Force.

There ya go. Is there anything else I can help with?

Last edited:
I had to bite the bullet and buy the four kit PSII bundle. Like I needed another mid power rocket like I need another hole in the head. But, I couldn't resist. Mine came is 6 days and Estes threw in some ornaments too :)

If you already have some of these rockets, and it doesnt make sense to buy more, it might be helpful to think of this as buying a nice Christmas ornament and getting the rockets for free.

The kit bashing aspect is a potential draw (holy cow, 4 kits & gobs of parts to mix and match), but, to get a nice huge, 4" diam. rocket with the Aerotech quality seems more appealing to me right now.

As well as the dream of a 3-D printer (insert Homer Simpson mumble, "ohhhhhh, 3D printer").

Plus, I still have, ahem, several packages arriving in the mail, which happen to coincide with my wife's absence...the G-Force order will have to wait for the next coincidental travels of my wife...

I think this Leviathan is going to make a really nice Patriot.

I saw that thread (can't find it for the life of me now, but about upscaling a Patriot using the Leviathan) and that looked really, really cool.

Keep us posted!

My order came in today. I'm thinking a bashed Super-Scale Mean Machine, a Big Daddy and one more bash TBD>

The Leviathan for most intents IS the Patriot.

Specifically...this one:

Patriot%252520Pro%252520liftoff.jpg

Same body tube and nose cone. All you need do is make a tail cone, reshape or make new fins, and create 2 conduit tunnels.

FC

My "Bundle-4" of four Pro Series II kits arrived a couple of days ago and I just opened the Ventris kit. I have not see one of these Pro Series II kits in kit form before and here are my initial impressions. The Ventris kit impressed me (for $20). It has heavier weight cardboard tubing and coupler, plywood centering rings, laser cut plywood fins and a nylon cloth parachute. I do not like the fact that Estes is introducing new body tube diameters (2.00" and 2.50" OD), but they must have a good business reason for doing so. It comes with elastic shock cord that will be thrown away. I'd like to make this dual deploy by converting the tapered 2.00"-2.50" transition section into the altimeter bay. I do wish they had not designed the attachment points the way they did. Estes also skimped on the decals. The only decal included is a generic "Estes Pro Series II" label. I was hoping to see both checkerboard wraps. I have no doubt these kits can handle H motors. Overall these kits fell into the "great buy" category and thanks for informing us all of the sale.

Back