streamer drogue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
Any reason I do not see more mention of streamers as drogues in dual deploy configurations? I would imagine it both keeping the rocket parts falling in a good arrangement, and be unlikely to tangle in the main. Yet most everything I see with dual deployment is no drogue or drogue parachute.

I use a streamer in all of my DD flights. Better visibility in the air and on the ground.

I agree with the comment above. I use streamers instead of going drogueless (mainly for visibility). Have yet to have any issues.

If anybody has a source for the reflectorized streamers Dave Triano used to sell thru ShadowAero, we could use that info-those were awesome.

I use one in my DD argent on 29/240 and 360 loads. I use spacers for 240 motors, so on both of those there's really no room at all for a drogue (I have the e-bay in the lower coupler). It worked perfectly on an H210R, and really brought it down fast, but kept the payload section in open air. I recommend it, if you can get a good sized streamer.

Nate

If anybody has a source for the reflectorized streamers Dave Triano used to sell thru ShadowAero, we could use that info-those were awesome.

Top Flight..... you cannot get the exact one Dave had ,[gold?] but upon request Gary makes a silver one if memory serves.Don't recall which, was which.
I've seen them both....they ARE awesome!

I would call to confirm.

I just sewed a bunch of 6 inch wide strips of ripstop nylon that I got from the thrift store. :p

Ends up being about 20 feet long and 6 inches across.

I’m planning to start using a streamer for the drogue in my LOC P “Hi-Tech” which I converted to dual deploy. Its paper and wood so therefore pretty light and even with a small 12” drogue chute it can drift a long way before the main deploys.

I wouldn’t use a streamer/drogue on my 8lbs “Reckless Endangerment” as it probably wouldn’t slow it down enough to prevent “bad things” from happening when the main deploys.

I have looked for that cloth to make them. Everyone is sold out.

Hi CJ
The fabric we used for the Shadow Flash streamers has gone up in price like 10 times. At one time they had silver but we never had any of it. We only made them for Dave our of the Gold colored fabric.

Back