Introducing a new unit of measurement: The MCMASTER

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Definition:
However many you really need, plus a hundred

Use:
"I needed a couple 4-40 Pem Nuts, but had to get a McMaster of them"
"These nylon screws were so cool I got a McMaster of them."
"I've got a McMaster so I'm set for several lifetimes. Sure you can have some."

:grin: :facepalm: :rofl: :cheers:

There is probably some direct conversion to the Bale (the unit of dog barf you have to buy). " Needed a few handfuls of Dog Barf and had to buy a bale. Now I am set for life."

I got back into Rocketry with the Semroc clone of the Estes Omega... Since then, I've acquired two McMaster's, and I'm still working on my bachelor's.

So, how does the definition change when you get a McMaster, but later find out that you still didn't buy enough?

Or does that fall into the the category of "you know you have a problem when..."

We call that Bahamas in my neck of the woods. Why? Because when you are doing a job in the Bahamas you always want to have lots of extra materials and tools, cause there is no quick trip to the store to find anything.

how about when you get a McMaster of something, only to realize you should have gotten the next length up? (I'm planning to by another McMaster of click-lock shank rivets that are longer than those that I bought last time.)

I guess I'm actually only going to buy .5 McMasters (since they come in lots of 50)

also - has anyone else been having trouble posting today (this is my second double-post, edited to make me look less silly)

That's strange,
I'm on my second bale.... is that a good or bad thing???

A "McMaster" should be directly proportional to the size of your rocket fleet. :wink:

JD

There is probably some direct conversion to the Bale (the unit of dog barf you have to buy). " Needed a few handfuls of Dog Barf and had to buy a bale. Now I am set for life."

That's strange,
I'm on my second bale.... is that a good or bad thing???

A "McMaster" should be directly proportional to the size of your rocket fleet. :wink:

JD

Or the amount of times you actually get to fly after purchasing said bale of DB - If its used more to insulate the leaky door of the workshop than stuffing into rockets- then you dont qualify :facepalm:

I thought a McMaster was the quantity of *other* things I buy to make the shipping worthwhile.

"I bought a dozen o-rings, and a McMaster of PEM nuts, 8-32 screws, threaded inserts, threaded rod, and Garrolite."

Hhmmm.. sounds like a "ranger mile" at Philmont Scout Ranch.

1 Ranger mile -> however many miles it takes to get there.
One of the more irritating conversions... :p

Thanks for the heads on up that Robert. Going to Philmont next year. :)

Haha yeah. It's a ton of fun. been twice! You gonna peak badly mountain?

What is you have multiple McMasters?

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back