Introducing a new unit of measurement: The MCMASTER

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The electrical tech where I did my undergrad was a pack-rat of extraordinary proportions. We had a unit of measure called the Tucker that was the ratio of the volume of stuff you have to store over the volume you stored it in. His office was over 1.

Sounds sort of like a "Costco" everything item costs $20 and you can't get out for less than $200....

I've started to only buy what I can carry in my arms....it's still tough to be under $200, and don't go there hungry on saturday when they are giving out samples.....

Frank

Thanks for the heads on up that Robert. Going to Philmont next year. :)

B.B You are going to have a McMaster of fun at Philmont. Truly one of the greatest things I've ever done,it's something you will never forget.

Haha yeah. It's a ton of fun. been twice! You gonna peak badly mountain?

I was lucky enough to summit Baldy mountain and the Tooth Of Time on my trek (circa 1987) man, what incredible views.
I really wish I could have gone again, but I settled for some solo hikes on state trails.

This is about the fastest (and most completely) that I have seen a thread go off the rails.....and into the twilight zone. Rod would have been pleased.

1 KABLE = kit acquisition beyond life expectancy. Based on my build rate I have about 3 kables of unbuilt LPR kits. And many McMasters of stuff needed for the building. Part of the problem is that things can now be delivered to us in under 1 Semroc.

Someone needs to go through and make a complete sentence using all of the definitions presented thus far:
McMaster: However many you really need, plus a hundred
Bale: the unit of dog barf you have to buy.
McMasterBale = when you order more than you and all your friends could use up in 100 lifetimes.
SEMROC is the unit of time, somewhat akin to the speed of light.
1 Ranger mile -> however many miles it takes to get there.
Tucker: the ratio of the volume of stuff you have to store over the volume you stored it in.
1 KABLE = kit acquisition beyond life expectancy.
1 Rocketry Forum minute: Kinda like a ranger mile. :p

I have an open account with them. Like having a hardware store in your back pocket. Most orders come in within 48 hours.

1 KABLE = kit acquisition beyond life expectancy. Based on my build rate I have about 3 kables of unbuilt LPR kits. And many McMasters of stuff needed for the building. Part of the problem is that things can now be delivered to us in under 1 Semroc.
Please don't tell the Viking Princess that...I'm dangerously close to that edge. I'm starting to think I need a dog as a food tester. She still thinks an erg is a unit of Emergency Rocket Gear. I prolly have a McMaster of Kables (Tucker value is 1.67) she wants me to teleport out to about 3 Semrocs (as measured in parsecs) or a Ranger Mile, whichever comes first. In my defense-I think rocket kits ARE interior decoration...they go with everything...maybe Ican make her happy stuffing a Bale into the couch cushions-comfy!

Please don't tell the Viking Princess that...I'm dangerously close to that edge. I'm starting to think I need a dog as a food tester. She still thinks an erg is a unit of Emergency Rocket Gear. I prolly have a McMaster of Kables (Tucker value is 1.67) she wants me to teleport out to about 3 Semrocs (as measured in parsecs) or a Ranger Mile, whichever comes first. In my defense-I think rocket kits ARE interior decoration...they go with everything...maybe Ican make her happy stuffing a Bale into the couch cushions-comfy!

How many quatloos will that see you back?

How many quatloos will that see you back?
What I'm paying for rocketry addiction can't be measured, but I'm sure her divorce lawyer would lump it under 'pain and suffering' or maybe 'alienation of affection'. I guess that would mean a McMasterbale of Quatloos from me...dang!

I have a bale of broken carbon fibre arrows. Some day they will be useful for something.

Just think how many metric tons of quadrotriticale that would have purchased for poor starving children on Sherman's Planet.rob

trivia point one: it's actually quadro-triticale, because it was based on a real grain.

trivia point two: triticale is a real grain, a hybrid between wheat and rye.

trivia point three: An episode of the popular TV series Star Trek, "The Trouble With Tribbles", revolved around the protection of a grain developed from triticale, which writer David Gerrold called "quadro-triticale" at producer Gene Coon's suggestion, and to which he ascribed four distinct lobes per kernel. A later episode titled "More Tribbles, More Troubles", in the animated series, also written by Gerrold, dealt with "quinto-triticale", an improvement on the original that apparently had five lobes per kernel. (wilipedia)

trivia point one: it's actually quadro-triticale, because it was based on a real grain.

trivia point two: triticale is a real grain, a hybrid between wheat and rye.

trivia point three: An episode of the popular TV series Star Trek, "The Trouble With Tribbles", revolved around the protection of a grain developed from triticale, which writer David Gerrold called "quadro-triticale" at producer Gene Coon's suggestion, and to which he ascribed four distinct lobes per kernel. A later episode titled "More Tribbles, More Troubles", in the animated series, also written by Gerrold, dealt with "quinto-triticale", an improvement on the original that apparently had five lobes per kernel. (wilipedia)

Don't forget Deep Space Nine's " Trials and Tribulations", which explained why gribbles kept falling on Kirk's head.

Sherman's Planet was named for David Gerrold's girlfriend Holly Sherman. She had a key chain with a fuzzy ball fob which inspired the tribbles.

The reason I never have a girlfriend is because I get too obsessed with Star Trek and building rockets.

You just haven't found a girl that gas some of the same (or similar) interests. There *are* girls that are big Trek fans'

My wife saw the original Star Wars over 60 times the year it came out, and can identify a TOS episode within 30 seconds by listening. She also flies rockets.

Yup they are out there

Back