EZI-65

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kehoes23

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the LOC EZI-65 rocket kit, anyone have this kit? What are your thoughts on it and how well does it fly?

It flys well and will take most motors you can throw at it. It is light weight and will fly higher than most fiberglass rockets.

It is a classic, and most classics are that for a reason. Hard to go wrong with it.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Can't go wrong:
[video=youtube;IAxqRKT4TEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAxqRKT4TEc[/video]

I've seen it in H through I (I-65W DMS sold by BuyRocketMotors.com above.....) power with absolute resolve. Should handle a typical G through J without too much of an issue.

Last edited:
Can't go wrong:
[video=youtube;IAxqRKT4TEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAxqRKT4TEc[/video]

I've seen it in H through I (I-65W DMS sold by BuyRocketMotors.com above.....) power with absolute resolve. Should handle a typical G through J without too much of an issue.
Don't overdo the thrust. It's specifically designed for long burn motors. With 1/8" thick fins, a J350 is pushing it. Substitute 3/16" fins and it will handle higher thrust motors up to about a K550.

Thanks every one for the input, I am going to fiberglass the fins and body tube anyway so the thrust won't be an issue.

I thought one of the "You know if you fly rockets too much if..." is "Fly a EZI-65 on a J350 and watch it rain confetti"

Love the EZI-65! Mine is built really light, really stock, covered in Monokote.

Have flown it on as little as a G125 (cause I could), on an I65W (cause I just had to!), and as big as a 54-3G J...twice (just to prove it works). A lovely vehicle that performs at its best when its kept light in my humble opinion!

Go get one, you won't regret it!

-Eric-

Back