Vintage Altimeters...where'd they all go?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
I have amassed a decent selection of vintage altimeters.

Top to bottom:

Cambridge IA-X96
Missile Works RRC2 Classic
GWiz MC1
Blacksky ALTACC 2C
Ozark ARTS2

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1417905715.814743.jpg

I also have an ATHA FC-877 and an ARTS1.

I have to ask...what the heck happened to all the rest of these vintage units? Crashes, storage?

If you're still flying the older altimeters, let's see them! If not, want to sell them? :)

I have some various electronics. Not sure what all they are. Some might be altimeters, beepers, etc. Have to find them / take pictures.

I have a lot of old ones. I few i still fly and others that are just cool ! I get some pics of them up in a few days

Cheers
John
TRA #1017
NAR #49422

I have an original AltAcc2A purchased in 1999 that I still use. (Uses the ADXL50 accel which is in a metal can.) I also have an AltAcc2C and I am still very annoyed that they altered the location of the status LED and arming screw between versions.

I still run ARTS2's for my flights. Not that old but everyone seems to have moved on to newer things. Think I still have an RRC2 classic plus an older perfectflite unit.

If anyone has an ARTS2 or ARTS they want to part with, or know a dealer with stock, let me know.

I have an Adept ALTS2-50K that I bought in 1995. It's been through hell but it still works fine. I fly it occasionally. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1417968062.046265.jpg

I picked up one of the last Olsen M2's and fly it still. I have a v2 of an unflown 4 channel Mission Control flight computer. The manual was large and there were "worksheets" to plan a flight. It went to v3 but I don't think it's out there anymore. Rincon Rocketry supported v2 then he sold it to someone else.
Kurt

I still have, fly, and really love my Missileworks RRC2 rev c. It just works.

I would love to play with a few of these units. The Mission Control was really ahead of the curve as I recall. I would like to have one, and almost pulled the trigger a couple of times.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Seriously? I have one and don't have any idea what to do with it. I heard it was popular out west. Barter?

PM sent about the Mission Control.

Mark Koelsch

PM sent about the Mission Control.

Mark Koelsch

Here's a cache of the opening page from Rincon Rocketry: https://dawhois.com/www/rinconrocketry.com.html

I was told he sold it to someone else and I saw a catalog page for a v3 of the altimeter. I have the manual stored somewhere for the v2 and connected it up to a computer interface a few times. I agree, ahead of its time. If anyone can find the manual(s) post a link here please.
When one google a name like Mission Control and rocket, get a bunch of unrelated stuff! Kurt

Last edited:
Battery needs recharged on the camera, looking to see what the boards say they are:

ALTS2-50K - Guessing a Transolve altimeter. There are boards on each side of the ebay back to back.
Adept ST210 Timer (1993) - Has up direction marked on it and a floppy toggle / roll switch.
LBEEP - LOC -BEEPER (copyright 2001 on instructions) - this is rebranded Transolve according to Barry. Has a mercury switch embedded in hot glue with a direction indicators on it.
Missile works RRC2 (1999) - has a loose terminal block
Missile works RRC2X (2001)
NCR/Transolve VEET-1 ejection timer (Copyright 1988 on instructions)
Something else that is a complete unknown to me.

The Alts is Adept.

Mark Koelsch

Wow....what a trip down memory lane. I have several rockets hanging in my basement, each with a different altimeter.
I have a collection of electronics. Been too long since I've looked at some--forgetting model names!

Transolve Flux Capacitor
Transolve P5
Skyward Altimeter
Adept ALTS 22
Cambridge IA-X96 (also have Chuck's daughter board for it)
Blacksky AltAcc 2A (think it's A)
Olsen FCP-M1
Missile Works RRC3
Missile Works RRC2 mini
Missile Works RRC2 classic
GWiz LC Deluxe 800
Pratt Hobbies ECS-2 (radio event controller)

Amazing how much you collect in 15+ years of the hobby.

Back