had to say goodbye to my dog yesterday..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJRick

Saturn 1b nut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
so I had to put my beloved Basset Hound to sleep yesterday...:sad:....she had cancer and there was nothing we could do......the house just seems empty without her.... amazing how close a human being can become to a 4 legged animal....this dog probably heard more discussions on a Dr. Zooch Saturn 1b than anyone else in the house....she listened as I talked out loud about trying this or that to add detail....the house just not the same without her.

I'm very sorry,,,
That loss was so severe for my wife and I
the last time we both said,, "that's the last time"..
We have had other tribulations in life and just don't want to deal with anymore..

Because of this we got a bird...
He is wonderful and will out live us both....
I think that may be quite selfish......

I am truly sorry for you......
Time will help...

Teddy

Pets are family, and the loss of one is always hard.

You and your family are in my prayers.

so I had to put my beloved Basset Hound to sleep yesterday...:sad:....she had cancer and there was nothing we could do......the house just seems empty without her.... amazing how close a human being can become to a 4 legged animal....this dog probably heard more discussions on a Dr. Zooch Saturn 1b than anyone else in the house....she listened as I talked out loud about trying this or that to add detail....the house just not the same without her.
We had to put one of our cats Thomas down two weeks ago...it is so very hard. Our pets love and trust us...but the alternative was much worse to even contemplate.

Been down that road many times myself.

Take comfort in the years you had with her and the knowledge that a great many of us identify with your loss.

thanks for all the messages of support guys...the Rocketry Forum is the best group of people around.
here is a pic of my dog...she was named Snickers by my daughter cause she looked like a candy bar to her when she was a pup. best dog ever! and trust me when I tell you...that nose missed NOTHING!! she could sniff out the cats food a mile away....a four legged stomach if I ever saw one. dog would eat anything not nailed to floor...LOL

10436185_10152833314135630_1990879618679571211_n.jpg

I feel your pain, but Basset Hounds are great dogs! We have two, a couple of goofballs. Somehow, they know when it's 7:30 pm, 'cause that's when they get ice cream. Her's a pic of them, Sally is on the left, and Hoover is on the right. Both are rescues. Phil L.Sally & Hoover.jpg

God Bless, NJ,

We went through this about 5 years ago with our papilon, Sparky, and it was a real heart-breaker. The vet foretold us that there will be an empty feeling coming home to the house and seeing the empty dog bowl, etc., and he was right. We feel your pain, too.

Last edited:
Does'nt get much rougher than that. Not much I can say but to express my condolences.

So sorry for your loss, it really is amazing how much they can become real members of the family and not just pets. We lost our Shih Tzu last July - she fought lung cancer for 2 years. Looking back I'm she she held on the last couple months just for us.

We went dog-less for a couple months, but are now the proud parents of a puppy born just two days after we lost our last. Cassiopeia is beginning to fill the hole left when we lost Mysti.

My 13 year old lab died about 6 months ago. Finally just couldn't go on any longer. That was so hard saying goodbye to him for the last time. Then we got 2 puppies from our neighbors. Demon and Dopey. :)

Sorry to hear that, Rick...

Keira was really heartbroken when Chelsi disappeared a few months ago, and Betty found her remains a couple months later... I don't get attached to varmints as much anymore, but I hated to see Chelsi gone... she was a good dog... and I hated to see Keira hurting.

Sorry your dog is gone... It's never easy...

Have a good one my friend!

OL JR :)

That is tough. I do not look forward to the day my Bullmastiff Mae passes- will be sad. Still, they are worth it into opinion.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1417918443.361534.jpg

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

thanks for the prayers and good thoughts from all....its tough. I find myself looking for her and waiting for her to come into the room.
I love the pictures of your dogs....I am one of those that loves all dogs..all breeds. They are special animals....they are just the perfect companion.

I am truly sorry for your loss, as I have had to put several of my Beagles down during the years and YES, I still have Beagles. :)

I'm sure Snickers and your family had many wonderful years together and will see each other one day, as she will be waiting for you. All animals are God's creatures for all of us to love and enjoy and we have to cherish the time that we spent with them, which is what you and your family have done. You will have fond memories of her and in your hearts she will always remain. My prayers go to snickers as she crosses the rainbow bridge, where she will be playing with all of the others who made the journey.

That is very sad to hear. My eyes always start tearing up when I think about "my boy" who died just over 5 years ago. We have had several rescue dogs since, and I love them all, but there are some that are truly members of the family, with their very own personalities.

Hopefully, sometime soon, the happy memories will outweigh your present pain. Until then, you have my sincere condolences.

I just wanted to stop back and thank everyone for their wonderful words of support and encouragement...I showed your comments to my wife and we both take great comfort in your words of sympathy. The people on this Forum are not just great rocket builders...you are all good people. My wife Phyllis and I send our heart felt thank you to each of you.

The Wife and I had to go through that earlier this year. Molly, our beloved Chocolate lab X Weimeraner mix had a stroke and had to be taken to the emergency vet at 2:30AM. She was 13 years old, and had been insulin dependent for 11 years. It was rough, but we stayed with her, and she knew she was loved all the way to the end. Six weeks later we knew it was time for another dog. We made the trip to Help The Animals, a no-kill shelter in Richmond, IN. and picked up a black lab X terrier mix named Xandra (renamed Shadow). She's not Molly, and was never meant to be, but she knows she is loved just as much.
If and when the time is right, you guys will know.

Evil Ed

Latest posts

Back