From Mild to Wild!6 impulse classes in one day!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jus_rockets

Reaction score
Inspired by Ari's 3" BFT, I decided to go ahead an attempt to fly the alphabet. One rocket and all in one day. Since I am only Level 2 I will start at a G and end with a L. The rocket is a 3" Wildman dubbed "Unnamed and Untamed". I plan on flying it this month if everything goes as planned.

Planned Flights!

CTI G125 914ft
CTI H159 2,353ft
Aerotech I600 4,765ft
Aerotech J570 7,497ft
CTI K1440 13,708ft
CTI L1350 20,515ft

Last edited:
Very neat idea. Can wait to see the results!

Thanks! I always wanted to do it, especially after Ari did it with his Blue fin tuba.

Good luck. That's a very nice rocket!

Thanks! I still need to clear coat the whole rocket, but I am afraid I might ruin it. I am not very good at painting, that's why I have many Rocketry Warehouse rockets.

Good luck & let us know how it goes!

Thank you. I will try to document it as best as I can, but no guarantees.

Nice looking rocket....How do you retain the different size motors and adpts?

I have three adapters that I made and they get bolted on with three #6 screws, I will post more pics later.

Ooohhh, sounds like fun, Juan. I presume this will be at TRAPHX?

I am excited and it should be fun. Whenever you get the Punisher built we can drag race and you can pick the motor, Wildman style!:cool: And Yes it will be at the TRAPHX launch this month. Only place locally where I can fly to 21K.

You going to be a busy man that day. Good luck Juan.

It will be a very busy day, especially with four planned dual deploy flights. Right now I am trying to come up with a schedule and will try to have as much prep done before the launch.

Here are the planned flights.

CTI G125 914ft
CTI H159 2,353ft
Aerotech I600 4,765ft
Aerotech J570 7,497ft
CTI K1440 13,708ft
CTI L1350 20,515ft

Why not add an M? Same casing size as the L1350

I am only Level 2 and don't have plans of going Level 3 anything time soon. The L1350 is a 3 grain motor, M motors are 4 grain. I do have a 75mm 4 grain case which I will be using with a spacer to fit the L1350.

Is the rocket going to be stable on the L motor? maybe 2 different nose cones 1 for the G &H and weighed nose cone for the bigger motors or removable weight.

Is the rocket going to be stable on the L motor? maybe 2 different nose cones 1 for the G &H and weighed nose cone for the bigger motors or removable weight.

It is stable with any motor you can fit in it with no nose weight needed. I am will be using a lighter nosecone with no electronics for the G and H flights.

Very cool project!!!
Can't wait to see the results, and pics!

Thanks! I can't wait either.

I am wishing you success and watching with interest!

Ari.

Back