AT M1350 DMS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris m

Reaction score
Has anyone used this motor yet ? This is motor that I will use just wanted to see how there doing

Chris, I would be glad to lend hardware for your cert. Let me know if you want to.

With the offerings from the manufactures of cert specials, I for one don't see the point of using a DMS motor for a cert. Having the opportunity to obtain hardware and a reload at a substantially lower price is a nice reward for attempting a L3 cert. To each his own, but I predict these new single use M motors are going to get a bunch of "one time M" flyers. If people are buying the DMS. Motor due to costs, they probably can't afford to continue to fly any more M+ motors after their cert.

Unless their intent is to get L3 cert so they can fly larger EX motors. In that case the DMS may be a good option, since likely they won't need the commercial hardware again.

I dunno' I really like the idea of this DMS-M motor.

1) If I am launching lets say....in Potter NY, at LDRS I would use this DMS because of the risk of trees and losing a case
2) If I am launching a light rocket and going very very high (with tracker of course)....and possibly lost the rocket....at least I did not lose a case
3) Since most L3 folks do their L3 and then NOT regularly fly M and above motors.This is a great option.
4) If I have a $1000 rocket that took me months to build and it turns out that "it was just my day for a CATO" I would rather not blow up my case.....that took me a long time to save up for.
5) I know many folks who did their L3.....and their cases are collecting dust for the past few years as they fly more affordable motors.

I love these DMS M and the DMS L1000 motors

I think they have their niche and uses because, in my humble opinion, the people who fly M and below far out number the folks who fly M and above.

I hope AT makes more. In fact I have most of the 54mm motors but I mostly use the DMS K535. Why? because where I launch there are significant tree hazards. I would rather hang a rocket without a case in it.....if I had the unfortunate happen.

I guess if your a left coast flyer who launches on wide open lake beds....then reloads are the way to go. Ah....its all good!

Last edited:
I'm with you, Andrew. I also like DMS for clusters:)

I will do my L3 on an M1419W though. Personal decision simply because it's such a classic and a beautiful beast.... When I first started seeing and reading about HPR the AeroTech White Lightning "M"s were the cream of the crop! Can't beat that flame and 7 second burn time either.

I didn't know about cert special for L3 , would like to go research for this size after . That was my thinking Jim that's for the offer I may do that and then go with Tru core

4) If I have a $1000 rocket that took me months to build and it turns out that "it was just my day for a CATO" I would rather not blow up my case.....that took me a long time to save up for.

To respond to this point, I don't think fearing a case failure because of possible replacement cost is a factor. I know if you CATO Aerotech and CTI (possibly others as well) they replace the reload and hardware under warranty as long as the motor was used and assembled correctly. I imagine the DMS has a similar warranty, so in the end you get a new motor regardless.

But I definitely see the value in people wanting to reduce the cost of possibly losing a rocket

No one has answered the original question. I thought I read about some early failures but not sure.

With the offerings from the manufactures of cert specials, I for one don't see the point of using a DMS motor for a cert. Having the opportunity to obtain hardware and a reload at a substantially lower price is a nice reward for attempting a L3 cert. To each his own, but I predict these new single use M motors are going to get a bunch of "one time M" flyers. If people are buying the DMS. Motor due to costs, they probably can't afford to continue to fly any more M+ motors after their cert.

While I see L1 and L2 specials all over, I cannot recall seeing one for L3. Who is offering?

While I see L1 and L2 specials all over, I cannot recall seeing one for L3. Who is offering?
I have not seen any L3 Cert Specials in recent years. In fact, I don't think that I have seen any L3 Cert Specials since the L3 Cert was introduced during LDRS XIV in 1995.

I think what ended the cirt deal (yes 3 letters but) DMS. Those are going for almost the cost of there relads. Yes I like CTI also.
Mr. Bob
Countyline

I think he was referring to cert specials...

CTI buy the reload and get the hardware free for L-1 & L-2 which ever size you want 29-38 -54. I don't recall what the L-3 is.

I think he was referring to cert specials...

CTI buy the reload and get the hardware free for L-1 & L-2 which ever size you want 29-38 -54. I don't recall what the L-3 is.

Yup, that's what I was talking about. I believe the 3 deal was "buy the hardware and get 50% off load.

I just got my L3 this year, I used the AT M1297. I was very glad I was able to get the case on loan.

For Wildmans BSS I bought another M motor, M650 which I will also have to borrow a case for. The M class DMS from AT have caught my eye a few times since I wont have to borrow a case.

Yeah I know I could buy a case but then I have to eat PB&J's for the month because I still bought that pile of APCP motors.

No bought case= More propellant to burn :)

Back